MTNBYKR

'99 Ski Doo MXZ 600

1999 Ski Doo MXZ 600

Sled has 84xx well cared for miles. I bought this sled in 2004 from the original owner with around 1800 miles on it. I have always run Klotz synthetic oil, and have serviced it every season. The motor has never been apart, and the compression was 130/133 when I put it away last season. It runs great.

Has the following upgrades:

- SC10-II rear suspension (“coupled” suspension that eliminates ski lift in the corners)

- Precision skis (handles great)

- 96 studs up the center

- Geared down two teeth on top (22 vs 24 – much better acceleration off the line and out of corners – stock gearing will be included)

- Engine temperature gauge

- Heated shield plug

- 3” Powermadd pivot risers

- Powermadd handguards with the handguard mirrors

- Sno-Stuff windshield

- Running board grip strips

Comes with spare belt, spare plugs, owner’s manual, service manual (cd), and windshield bag. New sliders last year, and the shocks were rebuilt around 5000 miles. It does NOT have electric start or reverse.

I will mention that the track was originally studded with 144 studs in both the center and outer bands of the track when I bought it. I re-studded it a couple of years ago with just 96 studs up the center band, so there are empty holes in the outer band of the track from the previous studs. I have been running it this way for many miles without concern, but wanted to mention it for the more paranoid sled shoppers out there. The track overall is in decent shape, considering the mileage. I’m selling because I bought a new sled.

The pictures shown are from a few years ago. I haven’t polished it up recently, so it’s not quite that shiny right now, but still looks exactly the same. The only exception is the track picture – that was taken recently.

Asking $1500.

post-386-0-71178200-1391046505_thumb.jpg

post-386-0-25957800-1391046519_thumb.jpg

post-386-0-79273600-1391047278_thumb.jpg

Edited by MTNBYKR

Still for sale… I don't think there is anyone here interested in this sled, but figured I'd check one more time just in case. I haven't posted it yet on Craigslist, because I'm not sure I want to deal with all the "interesting" folks you have to deal with there.

It has been a GREAT sled to me. If it doesn't sell I'll probably just keep it until it's old enough to enter in the vintage shows… LOL

Thanks,

-M

That is about as sharp looking as a sled can get for that age. Good time to advertise with good snow cover in the area.

Thanks Bill. I guess the next step is to post on CL, but haven't done it yet. The "psychiatrist" in me is wondering if deep down I really don't want to sell it. LOL... I love that sled.

It's a great spare sled, maybe the wife or kid will ride it some day. Just having the collection of quality skidoos from old to new is not a bad thing as well. Maybe find a mid 80s

formula and you will have a collection of skidoo progress .

The wife and daughter already have their own sleds, so no need for a spare. I like your idea of a mid 80's formula to show the progress though…

Like the president of my club (who has a ton of vintage sleds) says: "How many vintage sleds is enough? Just one more!"

-M

Still for sale...

Thanks,

-Mike