Sign in to follow this  
Palermo

Flume parking lot up to twin mountain

Sunday morning I am driving 2 hours up 93 to park at the Flume parking lot and I am riding up to the twin mountain area. Does anyone know the condition of the trail from the Flume up to Twin?

Thanks

Ed

don't have any 1st hand knowledge but should be OK since it did not get too warm up there today and most of the trail is good with low snow. Only spot that could be rough is past Mt Jefferson en route to Twin but is a short section so you should be fine, have fun.

iwent there wednesday parked at whale tail all trails were good went to fabians looped around and back nice day ride thinking of dong it again sunday

Arrived at the FLume parking lot around 10:30 am on Sunday We took corridor 11 up to Fabyans. The trail at that time was fair to good. We rode around some of the Twin mountain trails for a couple of hours. Trails were fair. At 5pm we started back down corridor eleven and the trail was horrible. The worst conditions I have rode on. Moguls, snirt, dirt and ice the entire 25 miles back to the flume. I guess I learned my lesson. Never ride this area on a Sunday afternoon.

Arrived at the FLume parking lot around 10:30 am on Sunday We took corridor 11 up to Fabyans. The trail at that time was fair to good. We rode around some of the Twin mountain trails for a couple of hours. Trails were fair. At 5pm we started back down corridor eleven and the trail was horrible. The worst conditions I have rode on. Moguls, snirt, dirt and ice the entire 25 miles back to the flume. I guess I learned my lesson. Never ride this area on a Sunday afternoon.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. By sunday night you can count on that trail being trashed. Unless your just out for a short ride, drive the extra to Twin.

yup!thats a tough section.