Sign in to follow this  
lfd95

Pittsburg to Chartierville traill closed???

I tried to go from pittsburg to chartiersville today. the customs officer on the Canadian side told me that the trails were closed this year between pittsburg and chartiersville. this is the first that I have heard of this>>>>anyone have any info??? also if the trail is closed can I just trailer into chartiersville??? and if so where would you park and start off from????? any help would be great

Thanks scott

My neighbor did a trip up thru early last week or so and they had to ride along the road (rt 3)) all the way...he had said something that the landowner had closed the trail and that his first 45 miles we rough and the first 5 or so we really bad. No sign or information and no provisions for riders to ride on. Sounds to me like someone screwed up on the Canada side and they need to let people know...I stay away from there!

The PRRSC closed the trail to the border until they got it opened up after the ice storm. That took a long time as it was decided to make that trail the last priority. Then the rains came and that trail turned into a mess. The Canadian club on the other side of the border was having the same problem plus a lot less snow. This is why the trails were closed.

Your friend is lucky he did not get stopped by the police and heavily fined. Riding along Rt 3 is never allowed unless it is specifically marked as a trail.

That's what I thought, but he had planned a big trip with stops at different hotels, etc though Canada. He never knew about it and no one in Canada said anything as well as the border personnel!

So here is an update.... I was able to speak to the president of the canadian club that maintains the trail.....through VERY broken english is think what he told me is that there was an issue with a landowner....he believes that the issue was resolved and grooming should begin soon..... thanks to all that replied... let me know if any of you get up that way

ride safe....and warm this week

Scott

Please keep us all updated, especially with the reciprocal weekend upcoming in Canada, February 8/9. Thanks to all with info.