rickzach

Snow Saturday Dec 14? Trails in some places open on Sunday Dec-15th.

Snow Saturday Dec 14 Predicted to be 6-10" in Central NH or so says our staff meteorologist at work.

Starts Saturday afternoon, trails in some places open on Sunday Dec-15th.

He's usually uncannily accurate so we'll see.

I hope it hits Andover. I love to shake down the sleds on the railbed from the salt shed to Leb. Trail is never to far from the road incase anything happens.

Now looking like snow arriving late on Saturday through most but not all of Sunday. Light and fluffy, not heavy and wet.

That would be great timing! I pick up the new sled Saturday morning!

Trying to not get my hopes up too much though... We all know how the weather forecasts around here can be.

Hopefully we'll at least get enough to open the gates on the railbed. If so, I'll be riding the new sled back and forth from Franklin to Lebanon all day Sunday... LOL

Edited by MTNBYKR

That would be great timing! I pick up the new sled Saturday morning!

Trying to not get my hopes up too much though... We all know how the weather forecasts around here can be.

Hopefully we'll at least get enough to open the gates on the railbed. If so, I'll be riding the new sled back and forth from Franklin to Lebanon all day Sunday... LOL

Or you could just keep driving north to 45th Parallel Cabins and go for a rip with us Mike

Or you could just keep driving north to 45th Parallel Cabins and go for a rip with us Mike

Very tempting Denny! Not sure I can swing this weekend, but part of my decision to buy this new sled was that I am going to MAKE the time this season to ride! I think I just need to get through the holidays, and then I'll be up to ride with you. Hopefully many times...

Has Bill brought his sled back up there yet? I've been meaning to call him to let him know about the new sled, but haven't had a chance yet. Looking forward to riding with him again too.

Now the weathercreatures are saying the storm looks to be passing south...very light snow for NH now..

This mornings weatherman on WMUR said possible 6" of light fluffy snow for the southern part of the state, Sat nite - Sun morn.

We'll see what Mother Nature has in mind!

I am not a weatherman nor do I play one on TV. But I work with someone who is both.

There are two major weather modelling systems called GFS and the European model. Both are now calling for the storm to pass east of what was originally expectected but it was always passing south of us. Our guy is now saying 6" in the Lakes Region. We'll see.

I am not a weatherman nor do I play one on TV. But I work with someone who is both.

There are two major weather modelling systems called GFS and the European model. Both are now calling for the storm to pass east of what was originally expectected but it was always passing south of us. Our guy is now saying 6" in the Lakes Region. We'll see.

And now the NWS says "THE EURO HAS THE CENTER PASSING INSIDE OF THE BENCHMARK OF 40/70. QPF AMOUNTS WILL BE .50-.80 BY ALL MODELS WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS ALONG THE COAST CLOSEST TO THE OFFSHORE LOW AND ANY COASTAL FRONT THAT DEVELOPS OFFSHORE. SNOWFALL RATIOS CONSERVATIVELY SHOULD BE 18:1. CONSIDERING THE DEPTH OF THE COLD AIR MASS IN PLACE NO DOUBTS OF IT BEING AN ALL SNOW EVENT. CONFIDENCE IS FAIRLY HIGH FOR A DECENT WIDESPREAD SNOWFALL WITH POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS."

An 18-1 snowfall will be Colorado powder, and something that the clubs will have some problems dealing with.

Agreed. It is passing west of what was originally predicted. 18:1 is dry fluffy snow. Perhaps 10+ mph winds so it will drift.

We will take anything we can get. Something is better than nothing for sure! I heard it may warm up next week so this may add to the base which in the past few years has not been good.

The latest forecast map shows the 6-12 area moving further North.

At the PRRSC meeting last night it was stated that the trails in Pittsburg would not be open this weekend in spite of the storm.

post-16-0-51105800-1386938429_thumb.png

Still no base there's snow but you will find every rock stick and stump and its beats your sled to death. Soon enough we will be riding, even with what where getting it still needs to settle but i'm sure there will be some yahoo's riding the rail trail and blow off any chance of it building a base this is why there not opening the trails yet in the burg

This was Sawyer River Road in crawford notch today.The tracks back to Bartlett won't be rideable with a foot of fluffy dry snow.

This was Sawyer River Road in crawford notch today.The tracks back to Bartlett won't be rideable with a foot of fluffy dry snow.

post-249-0-31946200-1386963445_thumb.jpg

The 6-12 area is expanding. :yahoo:

By the way, it is -6 and dropping. John is predicting -27 by tomorrow morning.

post-16-0-38878500-1386976666_thumb.jpg

Edited by OldViperRider

About 8" of light fluffy in Gilford.

Edited by rickzach

A foot here in Milton. SUPER fluffy though. Tears up quickly...

About 10" in Franklin. Very fluffy. I've got little bits of grass showing in spots just from riding around for a while.

Edited by MTNBYKR