Sign in to follow this  
jhwentworth

Baker River Valley

Not sure the club would want this posted in a public forum, but I do have to report that the BRVSC has a very good thing going on in the mountains of Dorchester. Although the quality is limited by snow depth in lower elevations, when up in the mountains things are going fine.Had a very nice day riding these trails, and a thank you to the groomer operator who supplied a trail map.

See why does a club not wanting people to know how the trails are !?

I was just kidding that maybe a club located only an hour north of Concord might not want to deal with a crowd of riders on a relatively small trail system. Drop an extra 100 machines on the trails between Pittsburg and Errol and they won't be noticed, but put them on a 60-mile system and you can't ignore them. Lots of riders from Laconia south are looking for good trails, and there's not much around unless you travel way north. This place is an easy day-trip.

Rode through there on Sunday. The trailS up high were outstanding! Rumney's trail by the wind farm were fantastic too! No wait I mean they all sucked, don't waste your time there go to Pittsburg!

Edited by snorander

Rode through there on Sunday. The trailS up high were outstanding! Rumney's trail by the wind farm were fantastic too! No wait I mean they all sucked, don't waste your time there go to Pittsburg!

Too late. The word is out. Maybe the snow this weekend will enable riders to spread out and not concentrate in just a few areas of the southern part of the state.We were warned by a club groomer operator to stay up high for good riding. We tried to ride to Lyme for lunch on P153 to P154 and ran out of snow pretty quick.

Its called the "Dorchester Flats" not a secret. Someone new finds this place every year and raves about it like the sledding community is keeping it a secret. LOL

Ride Right Ride Safe and Ride On

Edited by Airtime006

Its called the "Dorchester Flats" not a secret. Someone new finds this place every year and raves about it like the sledding community is keeping it a secret. LOL

Ride Right Ride Safe and Ride On

Yeah, you're right. That's why all the guys hauling sleds trailer north another 2 hours looking for good trails. LOL indeed.

BTW: The Dorchester Flats, and Stewartstown, and the Heights of Land in Errol are all pretty well known, but a lot of newer riders aren't aware of them.. Here's the deal; I ain't no newbie. I've ridden in much of northern New England and Quebec. So what. Others may not have done that.

x2 :80:

While riding the BRVSC trails we passed what looked like a public parking lot in the area of Wagner Road in Dorchester. Anybody know if this is, in fact, a public parking lot? If it is public, what's the address and/or directions to get there. I'd like to avoid the low-snow conditions in the lower elevations.

Rode BRVSC trails today from the club house. Traveled north on C8 to C5 and trail was very thin. Once on C5 and Ten Mile Road trail the riding was excellent, as was P154, P153, Six Mile Road, and the club trails at higher elevations. Returned to club house around 2:00pm and C8 was dirt in many places, and a property-owner has blocked the trail a short distance from the club house because of damage to a fence. Until this gets straightened out, access to trail C5 will be difficult. Trail C5 north of the C8 intersection is bad, with a lot of dirt showing.

Rode BRVSC trails today from the club house. Traveled north on C8 to C5 and trail was very thin. Once on C5 and Ten Mile Road trail the riding was excellent, as was P154, P153, Six Mile Road, and the club trails at higher elevations. Returned to club house around 2:00pm and C8 was dirt in many places, and a property-owner has blocked the trail a short distance from the club house because of damage to a fence. Until this gets straightened out, access to trail C5 will be difficult. Trail C5 north of the C8 intersection is bad, with a lot of dirt showing.

Well that will surely be an issue !! did it look like a sled went thru it? It's not the fact that someone hit it..I'm sure it's a fact that NO-one went to him and said I appoligize and I will get it repaired to your liking the spring... I wonder if the groomer operator had seen it and it's being handled as we speak?

"Well that will surely be an issue !! did it look like a sled went thru it? It's not the fact that someone hit it..I'm sure it's a fact that NO-one went to him and said I appoligize and I will get it repaired to your liking the spring... I wonder if the groomer operator had seen it and it's being handled as we speak?"

Don't know. The woman who owns the property was stringing rope with a sign and flags across the trail when we went through at about 2:00pm. She was mad, but still allowed us to pass under the rope so we could reach our vehicles. She said there were two horses inside the enclosure, but they were old horses and didn't travel a lot.

Some people, when faced with a mud trail, will try very hard to find the snow, even if the search leads through an electric fence.

Sorry for the inconvenience but that section of the trail, C8 will remain closed from the clubhouse north to the green camp under these conditions. The property owner has told us that if we get more snow she will allow us to use it again. We will be out tomorrow signing at the clubhouse & the green camp that it is CLOSED. If you do park at the clubhouse and want to access the upper trails, use the cheever trail to primary 153. Thanks for your understanding.

we are working on a solution to open corridor 8 between the clubhouse & the green camp for the weekend. Your cooperation is needed-please-DO NOT RIDE this trail until saturday am when everything is in place! We are working very hard to get this done so that ALL may enjoy another weekend of riding here at BRVSC. Right now it is signed closed & is ribboned off, but still people are going through! The ground is bare between the clubhouse & the Thayer Bridge through PRIVATE land and that landowner has closed it off -please respect their decision and go around Cheever to primary 153 to get to Corridor 5-THANK YOU!