Sign in to follow this  
vonny17

Berlin to Rangeley

Anyone know the best way to ride from berlin to Rangeley ME, and about how far it is and how long it would take?

For those interested we made the ride last Sunday. We parked at the Gorham parking on RT 2 took the 12 up through Berlin then to Milan where we took 18 over into Maine and ITS82, at some point we took a trail toward south loop to the left which brought us over to trail 16. This was about 60 miles and 2.1/2 hours. 95% of the trails were great. A few rough spots. We went down to Ellis Pond and got gas and breakfast. The lady there said we were about 45 minutes from Rangeley so Im figuring 20 to 25 miles. We didn't have time to go up there so we headed down to ITS82. What a mistake, we got into Grafton notch and the trails were terrible for the next 5 miles. After that it was smooth sailing back to the NH border I am really surprised that no one on here knew how to get to Rangeley from Berlin but I hope this might help someone in the future. If anyone cares to devulge the trail that we took with out a number please do.

Edited by vonny17

Welcome to SledNH.

Next time, post in the general forum..I think maybe your post in this forum just didn't get noticed.

For those interested we made the ride last Sunday. We parked at the Gorham parking on RT 2 took the 12 up through Berlin then to Milan where we took 18 over into Maine and ITS82, at some point we took a trail toward south loop to the left which brought us over to trail 16. This was about 60 miles and 2.1/2 hours. 95% of the trails were great. A few rough spots. We went down to Ellis Pond and got gas and breakfast. The lady there said we were about 45 minutes from Rangeley so Im figuring 20 to 25 miles. We didn't have time to go up there so we headed down to ITS82. What a mistake, we got into Grafton notch and the trails were terrible for the next 5 miles. After that it was smooth sailing back to the NH border I am really surprised that no one on here knew how to get to Rangeley from Berlin but I hope this might help someone in the future. If anyone cares to devulge the trail that we took with out a number please do.

We took the very same Ride Last week but did the Grafton Notch end first and finished the ride coming out by South ARM and hopping on the Lake(Umbagog) at Upton to get back to Mountain pond section of Corr Trail 18...We probably passed you guys! The Trails over there were pretty good. You were so, so close at Ellis Pond General Store...Just Needed to head North on 16(Roxbury) to trail 117N and up to Rangeley. From the stories i've heard, its probably better you didn't get that far....a lot of NH Traffic at the Snodeo!