Sign in to follow this  
triplepleasure

NH to Rangely

A few friends and I will be staying in Colebrook at Streamers place dring reciplrical weekend and were wondering if it is possible to make a trip to Rangely and back in the course of a days ride? If it is possible does anyone know how loong it would take? approximate miles? and which trail/trails would take us there?

It's been a long time since I've done this trip but I can tell you that it can be done in a day. We used to start in Milan and go to Rangely via Pittsburg and return via the lakes.

Should be an easy days ride.

Not sure if I got streemers location correct. I guessed it was near US route 26 and Corridor 5. The calculated route is in GREEN.

The ETA timing is overly optimistic in the route direction because I often set the speed limits higher than you can actually ride. Looks like it is saying 60mph, so double or triple the time to get a better estimate. I'd guess something like 4 hours each way.

streamers_to_Rangeley.jpg

streamers_to_Rangeley_turns.jpg

See the attached GPX track of the proposed route....

streemers_to_Rangeley_track.gpx

I did it once a few years back, no clue of the precise route but the return trip was BRUTAL, Maine trails were beat to death, ugly as I've ever seen as was i at the end of the ordeal.

Good luck

Rangely did not have a groomer for 84 a couple years ago. They do now. 84 will get lots of traffic recripticity weekend, so they will probably get beat.

I'd ask bosebuck mt camps how the base is up that way and if it is being groomed.

did from Pittsburg last year once you hit Maine statline it was the worst ride i had ever had kept hoping it was going to get better but got worse but the kids wanted to go to Rangley

Thanks. Considering the poor snow conditons we are gonna need to do this trip another year... unless of course A LOT more snow falls in the next week!

Edited by triplepleasure