Bo_01824

Manchester

Happy New Year!

Looking to do a quick ride Saturday morning before the kid’s hockey games. All I can find for the parking lot in Manchester is “Rt 28 Bypass”- can anyone give me a little more specifics on where that parking is?

Thanks

Bear Brook, isn't far at all, just on the other side of North Manchester, you might be better off going there. I'm sure someon will chime in as I've never ridden in Manch or Bear brook.

Per the SNHSS website....

"Parking: Parking is the Snowmobile Parking lot approx 1/4 mile off of Route 28 on Deerfield Road – No parking in the Cross country skiing parking lot off of Podunk Road."

I am gonna do the same thing Sunday......if you think of it post how the ride was.

101 east exit 1 go south on 28 there is a ball feild parking lot just beyond the rotary on 28 south, half a mile off the highway

ill be out there sat too

was OK on monday but they went grooming this week and supposedly is pretty good now

have ridden tower hill and the snhss trails the past 2 days now. i would not say they are in good shape. rideable, yes, but you can hear your skis hitting rocks constantly. ride the old railroad bed or in the maze if possible. towerhill trails were not that good. need more snow. i did not make my way into bear brook, maybe the trails get better over there.

Edited by sn0pro7

Yeah my buddy rode last night , not good in the park. Did the trails south of Bear Brook where fine. Sleds ran hot though because of the hard snow and no fluff to cool off the heat exchanger.

We left from that parking lot near Massabesic around 9, rode 15 to Bear Brook, back on 15 to 360 to the Epsom Circle. We had some excellent riding and some horrible riding. Trails south of Bear Brook were great, some good trails through the park. North of the park was rough, bad logging roads and not enough snow. We couldn’t find 360 near the traffic circle, signage was tough, we turned around and went back 15 south. I think we did about 80 miles, all and all it was a good day, happy to be out riding. It sure beats working.

Edited by Bo_01824

We left from that parking lot near Massabesic around 9, rode 15 to Bear Brook, back on 15 to 360 to the Epsom Circle. We had some excellent riding and some horrible riding. Trails south of Bear Brook were great, some good trails through the park. North of the park was rough, bad logging roads and not enough snow. We couldn’t find 360 near the traffic circle, signage was tough, we turned around and went back 15 south. I think we did about 80 miles, all and all it was a good day, happy to be out riding. It sure beats working.

It sure beats working! Who did you go riding with?

Steve, went with George, Chuck and guy named Rene. Great time. Looking to go to Ossipee this weekend if you're around.

Edited by Bo_01824

Not sure, but I'll keep it in mind. Still got a few bugs to work out before I go for a good ride!