Linear_1

Wanted: Moto ski (somovex) mini chimo parts

Hi guys,

Looking for a piston, wrist pin and clips, belt and belt guard along with a key for a 1971

mini chimo. The sled is in decent condition and was a barn find. No idea why its missing the piston,

the bore mics perfect and looks perfect? It has a 150 husqvarna snowmobile engine.

Thank you!!

Mike

Hi guys,

Looking for a piston, wrist pin and clips, belt and belt guard along with a key for a 1971

mini chimo. The sled is in decent condition and was a barn find. No idea why its missing the piston,

the bore mics perfect and looks perfect? It has a 150 husqvarna snowmobile engine.

Thank you!!

Mike

Hey Mike,

I am in Connecticut on the shore and just found a COMPLETE NOS Husqvarna/Somovex 150 engine W/O carbeurator in my shop's attic last week... The cyinder is clean and not a spot of carbon or scoring. The rope looks like it was never pulled upon and it has the masking tape still on the crankshaft with the key. There is some shelf wear/ scratches on the orange recoil housing and a little dirty on the rest of the engine but in otherwise unused condition. All the electronics and charging system are there. Let me know if you are interested. $175 or best offer

Contact me through email if you want me to send you some pictures:

dave DOT zarn AT hotmail DOT com

or call (2o3) nine three three 1181

Edited by zarnowski power

Mike, not sure if they are the same but I have a Moto Ski Cadet and a parts sled, both have motors. Not sure if they are the same, but knowing the Cadet was almost identical to the Chimo, I wouldn't be surprised.

Nice Avatar pic! LOL!

path 8) finder#6

the somvex chimo is completely different from motoski's chimo & cadet models-we have one of each :) . Wonder where he got that sled-lol

I was yold it was a motoski from the guy I bought it from.....thought it was until recently just because of the chimo name. I got it from a guy who had multiple moble homes behind his place full of snowmobile parts. This sled was in one of those mobile homes. I bought the engine from zarnowski power equipment, I can't believe he had a brand new engine in his attic over 20 years. I got a new piston and ring setup for it too and new jug. I've rebuilt the old engine and now have an NOS spare....way too much money in the old kids sled but its fun to tinker on anyway :)

looking for parts for a somovex snow tamer where is the best place to find them