djmvpph

whitefield area

Anyone know how the trails are in the Whitefield/Dalton areas.

Thanks for any info

Dave

Anyone know how the trails are in the Whitefield/Dalton areas.

Thanks for any info

Dave

Likewise... I'll be in the Whitefield / Littleton Mon-Wed. Any conditions are appreciated. How are Trails 105 vs 5?

MANY THANKS!

jay    3

Just drove through yesterday.....not enough snow there guys.....keep going North....

Agreed. We've been staying in Whitefield at the Mountainview Grand but not a sledding trip. Still had a great time!

Yup, very little snow, heading to Gorham for Wednesday and then we'll take the sleds out of the trailer.

jay    3

Rick, Off topic, but how is the MVG to stay at? Been thinking of taking the wife there for an adults only get away.

Other than little snow when we were there Mon/Tues/Wed, ABSOLUTELY SUPERB! First time at a classic New England grand hotel. Fit and finish were recently 110% refurbished to their turn of the century glory. No dings or shabby old trim anywhere. Expensive and worth every penny and I'm a miser.

Food and service were excellent. Our dining room server was lamenting that her Cat 600 threw a stud into her heat exchanger so were at home with the casual and competent conversation.

We also tried the very private "hot tub for two" which is located in the top of the tower.... ahem. That was only the pre-soak prior to the full body massages. My first massage, but not for her. Be sure to look for the package deals on their web site. Groupon.com also has some deals.

That alone will earn you several "honey-do-tokens" to be redeemed at some later time. rolleyes.gif

After leaving MVG, we trailered to Nash Stream in Stark and had a wonderful time on the sleds. This was her first time as a solo driver and not the passenger on a 2-up. Corridor 5 going north from Stark was in excellent shape even before the Thursday storm.

Considering the after-effects of enjoying MVG as a couple, we could have sledded over rocks and mud and blown an engine... and she still would have given me huge hugs. (I'm thinking of the famous scene with Cleavon Little and Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles)

Yup, it's worth every penny...

post-729-0-33492900-1330641911_thumb.jpg

post-729-0-78804100-1330641930_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickzach

This not exactly Whitefield but Nash Stream in Stark which is where we ended up. Conditions were excellent even before Thursday's storm. See for yourself.

post-729-0-18870100-1330706172_thumb.jpg

post-729-0-33049700-1330706199_thumb.jpg

Looks like nice trails.I was also thinking of taking my wife up to the grand view sometime soon.thanks for the review.

Dave

The honey-do-tokens come free with every trip!

The honey-do-tokens come free with every trip!

Lol

Edited by djmvpph

As of 8am on Saturday February 9, 2013 (Nor' Easter 2013) we have snow accumulations of about 5"

Nowhere near the projected amounts of 18". windy with gusts of 20 mph...I will post when i see some grooming going on here in town or local trails Temp is about 10 F

mcdoolan@ncia.net