Area 51

Canada

I see there's a free 3 day pass in Canada, need ins. What about a passport?

Insurance comes with the Canadian pass. You need a passport to regain entry into the U.S.. Don't even think about going if you have a D.U.I. or felony conviction.

Does the 3 days in canada have any restrictions?Can you go beyond the clubhouse? I brought proof of insurance (liabilty minimum) and I got the passport card which is a little cheaper that the regular passport when I went in the last time.

Does the 3 days in Canada have any restrictions?Can you go beyond the clubhouse? I brought proof of insurance (liability minimum) and I got the passport card which is a little cheaper that the regular passport when I went in the last time.

If you do not have insurance you will not be covered until you buy the pass at the clubhouse. If you get into an accident before you get to the clubhouse, you will not be covered unless you have insurance on your sled from your insurance company. If you have your own insurance; you should request a proof of insurance card for Canadian travel from your company. You must have the Canadian trail pass to go beyond the clubhouse.

so it's not a free 3 day pass then? I'm confused.

No, the free three day pass is only for VT ME, and NH to be able to ride in the others state for that weekend. It only happens on that specific three day weekend. Riding in Canada is not part of the pack

Edited by OldViperRider

No, the free three day pass is only for VT ME, and NH to be able to ride in the others state for that weekend. It only happens on that specific three day weekend. Riding in Canada is not part of the pack

oh well I register in those three so it's not free for me.

Quebec is also having a free weekend, Feb 11-12 2012. You must have public liability insurance of $500,000. More info on fcmq.qc.ca.

Quebec is also having a free weekend, Feb 11-12 2012. You must have public liability insurance of $500,000. More info on fcmq.qc.ca.

I was not aware of that. Thank you for the information.

Assuming good snow cover what would be a good destination from Pittsburg for an overnight stay in Quebec and then ride back the next day?

Some might think that it could be an overly busy weekend in Quebec, but I wonder how many folks actually have $500k of liability coverage.

Could one ride from Pittsburg, through Quebec, to Jackman, ME? Would that be a decent trip?

Thanks,

Doug

If you buy a Quebec trail pass, the $500,000 liabilty insurance is part of that. Most policies in the states that I am aware of have $300,000 liabilty limits but probably have higher limits available. Someone with insurance knowledge may be helpful with this.

Assuming good snow cover what would be a good destination from Pittsburg for an overnight stay in Quebec and then ride back the next day?

Some might think that it could be an overly busy weekend in Quebec, but I wonder how many folks actually have $500k of liability coverage.

Could one ride from Pittsburg, through Quebec, to Jackman, ME? Would that be a decent trip?

Thanks,

Doug

Yes its a nice trip. I have done the loop a few times always in one long day though. Should be about 175 miles from Pittsburg to Jackman via Que. Did it in 07 From Coleman state park 400 mile round trip and back in 05 from Groveton 475 mile round trip

Sally Mountain Cabins is a nice place to stay in Jackman, ME. I have stayed there several times and enjoyed their hospitality.

Yes its a nice trip. I have done the loop a few times always in one long day though. Should be about 175 miles from Pittsburg to Jackman via Que. Did it in 07 From Coleman state park 400 mile round trip and back in 05 from Groveton 475 mile round trip

That would be a nice loop! Are the trails wide open once you hit Canada to Jackman? I think I would stay over in Jackman and then the next day would be a easy one back to Pittsburg. Spruce Meadow Cabins in Jackman is another great place to stay. You cant beat the prices!

Edited by SHOWEM

The 1st 30-50 into Quebec from Pittsburg is running though small towns and a lot of road crossing then it opens up and gets faster to the Armstrong club house. WATCH FOR DEER FROM THE ARMSTRONG CLUBHOUSE SOUTH TO JACKMAN !!!!!!

Probably very similar to riding into northeast carry (raymonds) over in moosehead. The deer are every where!!

Edited by SHOWEM

February 11th

and 12th

Free access to FCMQ trails

everywhere in Quebec

/>http://www.fcmq.qc.ca/userfiles/file/Portes-ouvertes_an.pdf

The FCMQ and the thousands of volunteers from its 207 member snowmobile

clubs invite you to discover the world`s foremost snowmobile trail

system free of charge (no trail pass required) for an entire weekend.

To enjoy our trails in complete safety, we remind you that:

• the owner of the snowmobile must be the holder of a public liability

insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $500,000;

• all snowmobiles must be registered and licensed;

• the minimum age to operate a snowmobile is 16. In addition, drivers aged

16 and 17 must have a valid snowmobile operator`s permit;

• you should always keep right and stay on the trails.

The laws and regulations governing snowmobile use in Quebec are available at
/>http://www.fcmq.qc.ca/english/index1.asp?id=149

To extent your enjoyment of our trails, simply do what over 80 000 snowmobile

owners do and contact your local club. In addition to seasonal trail permits,

1, 3 and 7-day passes are available.The FCMQ and the thousands of volunteers from its 207 member snowmobile

clubs invite you to discover the world`s foremost snowmobile trail

system free of charge (no trail pass required) for an entire weekend.

To enjoy our trails in complete safety, we remind you that:

• the owner of the snowmobile must be the holder of a public liability

insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $500,000;

• all snowmobiles must be registered and licensed;

• the minimum age to operate a snowmobile is 16. In addition, drivers aged

16 and 17 must have a valid snowmobile operator`s permit;

• you should always keep right and stay on the trails.

The laws and regulations governing snowmobile use in Quebec are available at
/>http://www.fcmq.qc.ca/english/index1.asp?id=149

To extent your enjoyment of our trails, simply do what over 80 000 snowmobile

owners do and contact your local club. In addition to seasonal trail permits,

1, 3 and 7-day passes are available.

so how far north can I go before i would need to stop?

It would seem you can go anywhere in Quebec during that weekend of Feb 11-12. I haven't seen a definition of the time limits for the weekend: Midnight Friday to midnight Sunday?

Sally Mountain Cabins is a nice place to stay in Jackman, ME. I have stayed there several times and enjoyed their hospitality.

Sally Mountain Cabins,stayed there at there in town location next to the northland hotel,nice people,nice place,dog friendly.Our room was unlocked when we got there the first time we met them was the day before we left, to pay up,we had to track them down across town.I go to jackman for the food at bigwood steakhouse,I love the ribs there,sometimes we even get a ride in.