rickzach

Gorham to Colebrook trails with pictures 3-8-2011

Gorham to Colebrook trail conditions with pictures 3-8-2011

Most of the pictures are here

http://www.rickzach.com/2011/WinterGorham.htm

post-729-010893100 1299680675_thumb.jpg

Trail notes 3-8-2011

• Plenty of new snow Gorham to Pittsburg. Snow dropped off very quickly in Conway area.
  • Some major corridor trails (ie: 19) were not only ungroomed but unbroken. But it was often fun in the new powder if you had the right kind of sled. Longer tracks and wide skis helped. My Yamaha Venture Lite did very well in these conditions.
  • Many smaller connecting trails were groomed which was the opposide of what we expected.
  • Swift Diamond Riders (Colebrook/Stewartstown) trails were the best groomed and best signed by far. Never got to Pittsburg.
  • Errol / Umbagog trails were often groomed but signing was strange... few had matching map-to-trail junction numbers (numbers existed but they were wrong) and few trails displayed any trail numbers at all. But many signs existed and showed destination arrows so the effort was there. Just very few trail numbers which was confusing.
  • Berlin/White Mountain club's new wooden signs were first class and well thought out!
  • Rain in the upcoming weekend will most likely trash what we enjoyed during the week. Sad...

Edited by rickzach

I avoid riding Errol. They dont have good signage and they dont groom as much. Pittsburg to me has the best signage w/ trail numbers and maps at all intersections. Berlin would be second, those wooden signs are real nice! :)

I avoid riding Errol. They dont have good signage and they dont groom as much. Pittsburg to me has the best signage w/ trail numbers and maps at all intersections. Berlin would be second, those wooden signs are real nice! :)

Agreed.. SDR and Pittsburg are both first class operations. I joined SDR as a thank you for their great work. I volunteer at SnoDeo as it is just plain fun. .

Edited by rickzach