Buddy had to bail, not a huge fan of the solo show beyond local limits but i fear time is short on my season for anything non local had to nix plans for pitts trip in the coming weeks... considering a 200 miler solo loop, figure i got about 20 minutes to pull the trigger or pull the chute and just work. Too much thought for having the day off.

I know there's some high mileage solo riders on here, never been to the parts I got mapped out, looks pretty straight forward on the map though... Arghhh

Buddy had to bail, not a huge fan of the solo show beyond local limits but i fear time is short on my season for anything non local had to nix plans for pitts trip in the coming weeks... considering a 200 miler solo loop, figure i got about 20 minutes to pull the trigger or pull the chute and just work. Too much thought for having the day off.

I know there's some high mileage solo riders on here, never been to the parts I got mapped out, looks pretty straight forward on the map though... Arghhh

And the verdict is? Work or RIDE? :huh:

Rain predicted for Sunday, maybe earlier...

Looks like I'm going today. Conditions may be changing soon. Better get it done.

Go, go, go!!!! I should have taken today off and gone!

remember, (and I don't really want to quote snorander here <_< ), but when you ride during the week. You ride for us all.

I took this past tues off and went up to twin. The trails were great,very little traffic except for a couple of morons! When I pulled into the parking lot on 302 I was the only one there! Had lunch at Indian Head,the scenery was great,signage was very good also.

Tim    0

He went, should be chiming in soon on his adventure. Where are you Dan? :pardon:

He went, should be chiming in soon on his adventure. Where are you Dan? :pardon:

Was he still going to do the Gorham Twin Loop?

Tim    0

Was he still going to do the Gorham Twin Loop?

I think so, he did make it to Nichols Rd.:rolleyes:

I blame Shifty!

What a freakin show - decided to head out, figured I'd make the final go/no go call in Conway. Got across the lake (~2miles) check engine light starts a flashin, OK sketchy cooling out there, should cool down once on the trail, go about a mile through a mix of plowed road and trail, still flashing, figure its time to stop (thanks for the tip on not going off trail for cooling snorander), let it cool down, have a looksy under the hood (not that i got any freakin idea about nuttin that's under there)...

Found a coolant line had warn through and was leaking, I know enuf to know that aint good! Started it, seemed to be running on 1 cyclinder, not good, take two.

Still kinda early in the AM, didn't really want to call someone, burned a cple... decided to test the waters with an SMS-"hey, any chance you lug a trailer along with you to Dunkin Donuts in the AM as part of your ritual?"... Immediate response, Tim came and saved me after digging a trailer out from a snow bank for breakfast, much appreciated Tim.

Sled started and running perfect to get the extra 60 yards to the road, sweet no real damage.. Still kinda early but we call Snoworx anyway while in route "bring it". I show John the leak, we dolly into the shop and i figure its 5 O'clock somewhere. Johns got the right hose on hand and starts right in fixing it, no beers for me just yet... short time later, new hose on, everything checks out great, running perfect, i'm good to go, zippity doo daa, SCHWING!

Do a little 5 miler loop, feels/sounds a little funny a couple times, I stop, she goes down to 1 cyclinder, little RPM, back onto 2.. decide to change the plugs, can't honestly recall the last time i changed em, rutro, 1 cyclinder w/new plugs too, not good... limped it a cple miles to a buddies camp (again on Nicholas rd) called a different buddy, got it into the dump body, off we go... Didn't have the heart to leave Snoworx a voice mail, figured John would recognize the sled sitting in front of the bay door.

Told John no hurry, not that i asked for such the 1st visit but...

Phenominal service from Snoworx, what more can ya say? And i know they woulda come picked me up one or both times, if i had called and asked. If ya ever run out of toys to fix Jon give me a call I'll find something needin a fixin for ya.

I'll be beerboarding meself the remainder of the day, thank you very much!

Well that sounds like a crappy day, sorry to hear that!

Edited by snorander

Tim    0

I blame Shifty!

What a freakin show - decided to head out, figured I'd make the final go/no go call in Conway. Got across the lake (~2miles) check engine light starts a flashin, OK sketchy cooling out there, should cool down once on the trail, go about a mile through a mix of plowed road and trail, still flashing, figure its time to stop (thanks for the tip on not going off trail for cooling snorander), let it cool down, have a looksy under the hood (not that i got any freakin idea about nuttin that's under there)...

Found a coolant line had warn through and was leaking, I know enuf to know that aint good! Started it, seemed to be running on 1 cyclinder, not good, take two.

Still kinda early in the AM, didn't really want to call someone, burned a cple... decided to test the waters with an SMS-"hey, any chance you lug a trailer along with you to Dunkin Donuts in the AM as part of your ritual?"... Immediate response, Tim came and saved me after digging a trailer out from a snow bank for breakfast, much appreciated Tim.

Sled started and running perfect to get the extra 60 yards to the road, sweet no real damage.. Still kinda early but we call Snoworx anyway while in route "bring it". I show John the leak, we dolly into the shop and i figure its 5 O'clock somewhere. Johns got the right hose on hand and starts right in fixing it, no beers for me just yet... short time later, new hose on, everything checks out great, running perfect, i'm good to go, zippity doo daa, SCHWING!

Do a little 5 miler loop, feels/sounds a little funny a couple times, I stop, she goes down to 1 cyclinder, little RPM, back onto 2.. decide to change the plugs, can't honestly recall the last time i changed em, rutro, 1 cyclinder w/new plugs too, not good... limped it a cple miles to a buddies camp (again on Nicholas rd) called a different buddy, got it into the dump body, off we go... Didn't have the heart to leave Snoworx a voice mail, figured John would recognize the sled sitting in front of the bay door.

Phenominal service from Snoworx, what more can ya say? And i know they woulda come picked me up one or both times, if i had called and asked. If ya ever run out of toys to fix Jon give me a call I'll find something needin a fixin for ya.

:blink:D'oh! didn't hear about the next episode. That sucks, sounds like a travisty.

After looking at the forcast yesterday I decided to take a solo rip when I got home from work last night. I cant ride this weekend so I figured this may be my last ride down here this season. SO GLAD I DID, read on.

Last weekend I took my son on a ride around the local trails and they were terrible. All whooped out and the feeder trail I use to 13N which has never been groomed was terrible. I wasnt expecting a long ride, just a quick rip to burn off some strees for the week. Left my garage at 7:05 went up the street crossed into the forest and almost shat myself. For the first time in 7 years of me living here someone had groomed the local trails. The trails were smooth as glsss and were set up indicating this was done the night prior. I was the first sled on them.

I ended up doing 74 miles of nice groomed trails and I didn't see another sled. Got home at 11:00 PM.

I blame Shifty!

OH NOES!

Not to rub it in or anything but I saddled up at 3:45, clipped off a fast 52 mile loop back at5:30.Littleton,Monroe,Lyman,Bath,and Lisbon.Started from home of course,and went thru the meadows in town,over walker hill and took 10 to monroe and 103 to bath then blasted back up the rail 5 to Littleton.Saw maybe 10 sleds.

I would kill to ride from my yard what a feeling get the stress out from the day at work by ripping a few miles off at the end of the day :good:

X2!!!!!!

Not to rub it in or anything but I saddled up at 3:45, clipped off a fast 52 mile loop back at5:30.Littleton,Monroe,Lyman,Bath,and Lisbon.Started from home of course,and went thru the meadows in town,over walker hill and took 10 to monroe and 103 to bath then blasted back up the rail 5 to Littleton.Saw maybe 10 sleds.

Shifty, the more pictures you post, the more I hate you LOL!!!! I'm very jealous! :drinks:

X2!!!!!!

Shifty, the more pictures you post, the more I hate you LOL!!!! I'm very jealous! :drinks:

X 3.

better to have the issue there than somewhere like evans notch

ABSOLUTELY!

Although the solo run was an epic fail, despite the above and beyond efforts...

You'll be happy to know, all was not lost, beer boarding was a success! :good:

Tim    0

ABSOLUTELY!

Sticking with your strengths,, atta boy!

ABSOLUTELY!

I had a sympathy beer boarding session for you at the 99's in Woburn. Then finished off at home. :drinks: :drinks: