Sign in to follow this  
camosled

Saw a ton no no's today

Today was one of those rides that had it all, crappy trails, good trails, nice views, ......idiots.

Headed out from Townsend MA @ 8:00 am to head up corridor 13. Trails were in ROUGH shape until I got to the Wilton club trails where they turned friggin HORENDOUS. I don't understand the physics behind how a trail can get so washboarded out or so deeply whooped out. After 10 miles I was ready to go home. Crossed 101 and the trails got a little better. Finally connected onto 13n railed to Bennington and the trail was finally fast and flat (for the most part). Ripped up to Hillsborough and took 6 west toasted Washington and this trail was awesome, smooth, flat, wide, started to have a ton of fun. Got into Washington and run into first sleds of the day (11:00 or so), they say huge tree is down blocking the trail and it was to heavy to move. Decide to check it out and sure enough...big tree down blocking entire trail. Tree looked like it happened last night. No way around or over it. So I turn around and head home. This is when things get interesting, almost hit head on by a bunch of Jabronies on the wrong side of the trail, these idiots were not even wearing helmets (saw so many people with out helmets the last few days). One guy locked it up and just about creamed me, I was so pissed off and yelled at them to keep right. Then I run into a group of three riding in the center of the trail going beyond slow, all on OLD sleds, no place for me to pass safely and thesenguys are not even looking back even once and awhile. Follow these guys for what seems like an eternity and finally get to a spot where I can try to pass when they group up and are three sleds side by side blocking the trail. Got a small chance to rip by them and took it. They seemed shocked someone else was on the trail.

Almost get hit head on a few more times by riders way over on the wrong side of the trail,happy to finally get back on the rail bed and rip towards home. Get back to Wilton to trails now even worse than earlier today and now everyone and the it uncle are riding them. Tons of idiots again with NO helmets..WTF is wrong with these people?.

Come to a trail junction where about 15 sleds are shut off and parked in the center of the intersection completely blocking both trails. I stop to wait for these clowns to move their sleds so I can continue on and they just stand there yucking it up. I slap my helmet and raise my hands like WTF are you all doing I want to pass. Finally a lady gets her sled started and moves just enough for me to SQUEEZE by . I shake my head and keep going. A few min later I see someone on the side of the trail parked (tight section) no helmet in sight somewhat blocking the trail. I slow down real slow to pass by safely and see him rolling a joint on his sleds seat.

At that point I couldn't wait to get home, too many weekend warriors making me feel very unsafe. Pretty cool ride otherwise.

Yup...these people must be friends with the idiots who toss empty beer cans all over the trails too. I had a good chuckle for myself today. A guy blasted by me going the opposite direction (I slowed down) and sprayed slush and ice all over me and my daughter...later in the day I rode right on past him as he was trying to dig his sled out of some saplings on the side of the trail.

Yup...these people must be friends with the idiots who toss empty beer cans all over the trails too. I had a good chuckle for myself today. A guy blasted by me going the opposite direction (I slowed down) and sprayed slush and ice all over me and my daughter...later in the day I rode right on past him as he was trying to dig his sled out of some saplings on the side of the trail.

Now that is justice!!!!!!!

Thats werid, you would think they would be more spread out with a state full of snow!

Thats werid, you would think they would be more spread out with a state full of snow!

Its obviously a huge problem,I thought they were all over here!

My wife and I were riding through Jefferson today. Two hot shots revving it up behind us. We were only 1/8 mile away from a junction so I decided to let them wait. We got to the junction and they ripped by us trying to rooster us with snow. Best part: the 2nd guy loses control, goes off the trail and gets stuck in some deep snow! We just motor on by laughing. Then we come to his buddy waiting at the next junction. Did we tell him where his friend was? No way. Just motored on by him too saying to ourselves "Once in a while you get some justice".

Its obviously a huge problem,I thought they were all over here!

Edited by ljgomes

It's the locals who can't come up with a trailer and cash to ride north.....and now they have snow to ride right near home..

It's the locals who can't come up with a trailer and cash to ride north.....and now they have snow to ride right near home..

You said it Richard.I went for a short local run yesterday,Saw a bunch of un-regerstered junk on the trails ridden by people with metalflake 70's era helmets (if any thing),No regard for any one but themselves.

Almost got clipped on a smooth flat section of trail by a throttle jockey,While I was trying too pull a unhelmeted womans yammie bravo back on the trail.Dont ask me how she missed the turn on a straightaway,Instead be happy she was on a Bravo.The Damn thing was so light I almost pulled it on top of me when I yanked on the skis...

Funny my buddy and I rode some of thos trails started from the chinese rest and sunoco station. those trails are in great shape compared to N.H. sno shaker trails in the Concord/ Loudon area. Not sure what your problem is LOL!!! Funny thing is though we stopped at Troy Artic Cat dealer, never been to a dealer open on Sunday! But that dealer needs customer service skills BAD!!! We where treated very poorly, we where looking to purchase a map and where the parking lot was. Was told that the parking lot at the chinese and sunoco station wasn't legal but found out it was, not really sure what is up with them.

Litter, idiots, and poor sportsmanship are running rampid lately. I really don't know what is up with people. As far as rough trails, rain, warm weather, and traffic can cause a trail to come apart in a hurry. The trails in the Stoddard area were not groomed on Saturday night due to warm temps. I rode them on Sunday and they were acceptable for the conditions. Anyone who ran a drag on Saturday night made mashed potatoes out of the trails causing them to come apart easily. Over grooming to simply burn hours will change the snow consistency causing the trails not to set up like they should. You will see this condition on railbeds where "gravy grooming" is done. The snow is worn out and like sugar. It does not bind well which turns into shutter bumps and mogals. Too much of a good thing applies to every aspect of our lives.

Too much snow... Brings out the hairlip parade, too much grooming... Causes the snow to change characteristics. Just ride during the week if you can.

Camo, My buddy and I were also on 13 early on Sunday, WTF???? That was the most hideous trail I have ever been on in my life. We started out from Caryn's and had some decent enough trails, then we figured that we would head up to the Wilton area. HUGE MISTAKE! My spine will never be the same..... or my butt. We ran into the Hollis groomer on the railbed later back by Potanipo and he said that the club groomed it yesterday! He was pulling a light drag behind a sled so I am thinking that if that is all they have to groom the trails with in that area, no wonder that trail was as bad as it is. Do they have any heavier iron than that in the local clubs? We'll probably stick to the Snowmoles system and further West from now on. That was just not fun today. You are right about the Yahoos as well. But no helmets=Darwinism, so if those guys manage to put themselves into a tree before they breed, then it is a good thing.

Jeez my butt hurts...

Funny my buddy and I rode some of thos trails started from the chinese rest and sunoco station. those trails are in great shape compared to N.H. sno shaker trails in the Concord/ Loudon area. Not sure what your problem is LOL!!! Funny thing is though we stopped at Troy Artic Cat dealer, never been to a dealer open on Sunday! But that dealer needs customer service skills BAD!!! We where treated very poorly, we where looking to purchase a map and where the parking lot was. Was told that the parking lot at the chinese and sunoco station wasn't legal but found out it was, not really sure what is up with them.

dudsxlt: The Troy area is way different IMHO from the Brookline/Wilton area. I think they are set up with more "North-like" trails. Most years the areas near Nashua seem to get minimal snowfall to really do a trail system justice.

As far as customer service goes, people that work in jobs that involve dealing with customers either need to develop people skills or get the hell out and find another career. I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that would kill to even have a job. No excuse for being nasty.

Almost no one at the top of the sate banged out 110 miles in 4 hours with my wife and my friend Bill on saturday we left the spectacular view from the grandview snack shack @1 pm hit trail 120 to Coleman state park. 120 looked like it had 5 sleds on it since it was groomed friday night. Its been nice and peaceful up north this season for sure.

Grand View

post-13-008816200 1297111444_thumb.jpg

Trail 120

post-13-008816200 1297111444_thumb.jpg

post-13-022312900 1297111538_thumb.jpg

Camo, My buddy and I were also on 13 early on Sunday, WTF???? That was the most hideous trail I have ever been on in my life. We started out from Caryn's and had some decent enough trails, then we figured that we would head up to the Wilton area. HUGE MISTAKE! My spine will never be the same..... or my butt. We ran into the Hollis groomer on the railbed later back by Potanipo and he said that the club groomed it yesterday! He was pulling a light drag behind a sled so I am thinking that if that is all they have to groom the trails with in that area, no wonder that trail was as bad as it is. Do they have any heavier iron than that in the local clubs? We'll probably stick to the Snowmoles system and further West from now on. That was just not fun today. You are right about the Yahoos as well. But no helmets=Darwinism, so if those guys manage to put themselves into a tree before they breed, then it is a good thing.

Jeez my butt hurts...

LOL.

It was seriously horrific conditions. Funny thing is this year has been the best I have ever seen the Wilton trails and that is due to the Hollis club helping them out. In the years past the Wilton trails were very narrow and not once were ever groomed, they have made several trails wider but the lack of grooming hurts them. I think the only grooming equip they have are small drags behind scandiacs. I know they couldn't groom on Sat night but my Lord were they awful.

When I got up to the Hillsborogh trails it was like night and day, actually had smooth trails. My body is beat thanks to those trails

It does make sence that there would be more yahoos out there when we have this much snow down south. It takes a little more dedication to the sport when you have to truck you gear hours away to enjoy it so you might care a bit more about things related to the sport.

ICG    5

Weekenders ? NO ... I was in Twin Mountain on Thursday, the trails were soft and deep with powder. Saw very few riders, but unfortunatley 1/2 of them were going too fast for the conditions on the corners.

Corridor 11 ( Railbed) was a wash board that was not groomed since the storms came through.