Sign in to follow this  
kenpaul

USA Trails Friday 2/4/2011

Went for a ride from Pittsburg down throught the balsams and into Errol. All was VERY good until we hit USA trails. Some of the USA trails hadnt even been groomed sense the last storm... Then we fueled up at LL Cotes and we were going to head north from the trail behind it, and it was closed.... So we went back via the Buffalo trail. I still wanted to head east and go up 112 in Pittsburg. The intersections in USA territory SUCK. They dont tell you the trail number, just have hand written signs that say "Pittsburg" with an arrow pointing. Well, guess what.... THere are more then ONE way to Pittsburg from Errol. I was looking for trail 129, coming from Errol it would be a right... Well none of the interscetions say what the trail number is, so we guessed and guessed right, luckely... And the section of 112 from the twin bridges to where PRR take over was horrible! Didnt seem like it had been groomed all year. My advice is if you are in PRR/SDR area stay there. Avoid USA trails! The small section of Ski-Bee trails we were on seemed good, so that might be worth you while to try.... I'd stick to Northern Pittsburg though. Chest deep snow! :good::yahoo:

Oh and I guess the Buffalo guy charges $2 per sled to see the animals... Thats crazy! Its just a furry cow! When did this start? I havent been on that trail in a few yrs...

Went for a ride from Pittsburg down throught the balsams and into Errol. All was VERY good until we hit USA trails. Some of the USA trails hadnt even been groomed sense the last storm... Then we fueled up at LL Cotes and we were going to head north from the trail behind it, and it was closed.... So we went back via the Buffalo trail. I still wanted to head east and go up 112 in Pittsburg. The intersections in USA territory SUCK. They dont tell you the trail number, just have hand written signs that say "Pittsburg" with an arrow pointing. Well, guess what.... THere are more then ONE way to Pittsburg from Errol. I was looking for trail 129, coming from Errol it would be a right... Well none of the interscetions say what the trail number is, so we guessed and guessed right, luckely... And the section of 112 from the twin bridges to where PRR take over was horrible! Didnt seem like it had been groomed all year. My advice is if you are in PRR/SDR area stay there. Avoid USA trails! The small section of Ski-Bee trails we were on seemed good, so that might be worth you while to try.... I'd stick to Northern Pittsburg though. Chest deep snow! :good::yahoo:

Oh and I guess the Buffalo guy charges $2 per sled to see the animals... Thats crazy! Its just a furry cow! When did this start? I havent been on that trail in a few yrs...

Really ? Glad I got my Pic's from the Past. But, he let's the club use his road as a trail..I had heard they made a trail along side the road a few year's back. In a way it's not that bad as it help's feed the Buffalo and where Else can you get that out west feeling like Wyoming ?

ICG    3

I got to meet the owner of the Buffalo farm when he was running for some State / Federal office in the early 2000's... He was quite cordial and a supporter of snowmobiling community.