Sign in to follow this  
swankzr

anybody cross 1st lake in Burg yet?

anybody cross 1st lake in Burg yet? I saw tracks on Lake Francis last weekend which I thought was too early but... What about 1st lake?

anybody cross 1st lake in Burg yet? I saw tracks on Lake Francis last weekend which I thought was too early but... What about 1st lake?

Do tracks make a frozen lake safe?

Not if the track ends half way across :tease:

Well it was safe till it ended :pardon:

The night before last I saw a lone sled go from the Timberlands area of the First Connecticut Lake toward the dam area. The sled was moving at a high rate of speed in the DARK!ohmy.gif

I would not be out there yet. Of course I am an "old fart"!lol.gif Then again, maybe I am an "old fart" because I do not trust the lakes!good.gif

Markdrinks.gif

Do tracks make a frozen lake safe?

Good question... :rofl:

That is not what I asked, what is your point?

Or maybe try cutting a hole in it and measuring the ice yourself,,

no, no, no that'll never work,,, :rolleyes:

swank i think your shorts might be on too tight...lol

Good question... :rofl:

Or maybe try cutting a hole in it and measuring the ice yourself,,

no, no, no that'll never work,,, :rolleyes:

swank i think your shorts might be on too tight...lol

I'm not wearing any shorts... :pardon: Maybe that is the problem.. :rofl:

Just asking if anyone has been crossing. I wasn't saying I was going to use that to judge whether it is safe or not. I usually trust When Mark thinks its safe. Just funny how by asking if tracks went across yet people then think I am judging that being safe or not. It was just a question.. :good: As for cutting a whole for myself, I don't live there nor do I ice fish so I don't really have the tools... :) But why would it never work Dual?

The night before last I saw a lone sled go from the Timberlands area of the First Connecticut Lake toward the dam area. The sled was moving at a high rate of speed in the DARK!ohmy.gif

I would not be out there yet. Of course I am an "old fart"!lol.gif Then again, maybe I am an "old fart" because I do not trust the lakes!good.gif

Markdrinks.gif

I wouldn't say your an old fart because you so not trust the lakes - I would say you an alive fart because of that. :drinks:

two weeks ago it was still not safe so i would say not let

I was posting the question if anybody crossed 1st lake yet to see if it was safe - I asked because I saw tracks across Lake Francis New Years Weekend and I thought who ever it was must of been out of their mind...

I apologize if I posted something inappropriate. RIDE SAFE RIDE ALL YEAR LONG. :drinks:

I saw sleds crossing it this past Saturday. I don't think Ild try it yet though.