Shifty

I think we need a slednh event

I think we need a sledNH ride,or something like that.we could all meet somewhere centraly located and ride in a big group then maybe tailgate in the parking lot or all go out for beers/burgers,Late in the season (feb) so there could be plenty of time to schedule. Thoughts?

WGS    0

Sounds like a great idea. Let's pick a date and go from there. :good:

Anyone know when the Easter Seals ride in is? (You would think it would be easy to find on the NHSA website, but that's another story)

Probably want to be two weeks before or after that date??

You guys are more than welcome to do it out of Canoe King like you did a few years ago. Maybe you can convince OT to lead you around again.

You guys are more than welcome to do it out of Canoe King like you did a few years ago. Maybe you can convince OT to lead you around again.

Oh boy that should be a fun day! I had a blast last time!

Anyone know when the Easter Seals ride in is? (You would think it would be easy to find on the NHSA website, but that's another story)

Probably want to be two weeks before or after that date??

Right HERE on the NHSA website....February 4th, 5th & 6th!

I would think after would be better then before...especially given a central NH location.

I will throw out a suggestion of starting from the OVSC headquarters at Canoe king in Tamworth, right adjacent to Corridor 19. Sunday would be better than Saturday.

I'll toss out a date of Sunday, February 20th starting at 8:00 am at the parking lot behind Canoe King.

Any thoughts?

February is always a good time for get together's!!! So I say the 20th sounds good or maybe Saturday the 19th if some people are traveling to get back to work for Monday!!! Plenty of time to plan and make arrangements!!! When nhsledding was around I hosted a yearly Bon-Fire/Pot Luck (3 years in a row) and we had a great time ride in the morning and come back torch the pile and fire up the Grill and crock pots (on Pantera99 you still owe me a crock of Chilli LMAO)... Even though nhsledding is no longer existing I still do it for our club!!! Gatherings are always fun especially if you can get a ride in!!! Maybe even consider doing it as a chairty event like some have mentioned doing...

February is always a good time for get together's!!! So I say the 20th sounds good or maybe Saturday the 19th if some people are traveling to get back to work for Monday!!! Plenty of time to plan and make arrangements!!! When nhsledding was around I hosted a yearly Bon-Fire/Pot Luck (3 years in a row) and we had a great time ride in the morning and come back torch the pile and fire up the Grill and crock pots (on Pantera99 you still owe me a crock of Chilli LMAO)... Even though nhsledding is no longer existing I still do it for our club!!! Gatherings are always fun especially if you can get a ride in!!! Maybe even consider doing it as a chairty event like some have mentioned doing...

You are right...if we leave early enough Saturday the 19th is fine, and can accomodate those that want to make a weekend of it.

Plenty of fantastic riding opportunities in the OVSC and SOS systems...and depending on conditions we can go further north, south or west.

Also, folks will get to see the area where the annual meeting will be held just a few months later.

And maybe OT can chime in with that oofer to take us to that legal sweet spot off trail riding location he has found!

Haw 'bout it OT!

that sounds awesome,been wanting to ride that area for a while.I'm in

OK.

Let's shoot for this...

Saturday February 19th at 8:00 am.

Meet in the parking lot behind Canoe King...the King being located on Route 16 in Tamworth, NH just south of White Lake State Park.

We will figure a way that you can ride with the group all day, or have escape plans for those that can only do a half day.

I'll try and keep track of who is in.

So far:

Skip

NHsleddin

WGS    0

I'm in.Cookout and bone fire. I'll help cook :drinks:

I would certainly like to take part in that ride, having gotten a taste of that system a couple of times, but unfortunately that is the specific date of the Vintage Race in Errol!

/>http://www.thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com/?page_id=16

:nea:path :( finder#6 :unknw:

OK.

Let's shoot for this...

Saturday February 19th at 8:00 am.

Meet in the parking lot behind Canoe King...the King being located on Route 16 in Tamworth, NH just south of White Lake State Park.

We will figure a way that you can ride with the group all day, or have escape plans for those that can only do a half day.

I'll try and keep track of who is in.

So far:

Skip

NHsleddin

dont forget me!

Edited by nhshiftrider

dont forget me!

oops....

me

nhshiftrider

WGS

arrrgggghhhh...this will get confusin' real quick.

Anyone going or thinking of going shoot me a PM and I'll come back to this thread and do an update.

Thanks

Well, I will be in, but I dont think we should pick the same day as another club event, lets start by coming up with a couple of dates and locations that works for everyone, or at least as many as we can, we should also try to figure out lodging for people that have to travel. I am all for Canoe King for a starting point, weather has to be factored in also ...

lets come up with a couple of options and keep them open to change, we have plenty of time :drinks:

Can we do a poll on here for dates & location ?

Edited by Nor'easter

Well, I will be in, but I dont think we should pick the same day as another club event, lets start by coming up with a couple of dates and locations that works for everyone, or at least as many as we can, we should also try to figure out lodging for people that have to travel. I am all for Canoe King for a starting point, weather has to be factored in also ...

lets come up with a couple of options and keep them open to change, we have plenty of time :drinks:

Can we do a poll on here for dates & location ?

I hear ya.

But no matter what day we pick, if we pick just one, someone will have a conflict.

I'll still shoot for Saturday February 19th, and we'll go with whoever shows at CK.

If someone else wants to set up a second, or third or fourth date at CK or another location then there is no reason we can't have a couple of get togethers across the State this season.

Hey..the more the merrier... :good:

So 2/19/2011 is still on for the first ride....keep the PMs coming and I'll post an update as the list grows. :)

Count me in! Be nice to do the loop through sandwich did it 2 years ago with legend700 it was 150 or so miles

Count me in! Be nice to do the loop through sandwich did it 2 years ago with legend700 it was 150 or so miles

that was a good day, first ride on my new gade. Didn't get a single mile in Ossipee last year.

Didn't get a single mile in Ossipee last year.

Same here. Last year sucked.

This winter is gonna make up for it though :good:

:drinks:

First -

Skip, you're right, it is on the NHSA website. I did spend a few minutes looking for it, was nearly there. Clicked on The Events & Dates link, saw the upcoming stuff on the right side, all for 2010. I did not bother to click on the months on the left, thinking that they were for 2010 as well, since the year is not specified on there.

Second -

I'm in. :yahoo:

Edited by PolarisCobra

I should be in

Hey polaris06 you in?

I will speak with Phil about this, and others from our club

Oh boy that should be a fun day! I had a blast last time!

No doubt that was a heck of a ride! I would definetly be in on that! Iggy, you ridin' again this year?

Saturday February 19th... works for me! I' m in and will be bringing along at least two riders not yet members but will be before the ride if it kills me! :good:

This is great guys...looks like we are going to have an awesome turnout.

And remember....I stop for food so bring some cash for the snack shack.... :good: