Sign in to follow this  
ljgomes

CNC Cutting

Anyone out there have access to a CNC machine for cutting wooden signs?

Freehand adds rustic charm. How many do you need? I know a guy that works pretty cheap.

We need 36 done this year and about the same next year. Really want to use a CNC machine, preferably a Shopbot since I have owned one in the past and have the software to run it.

Freehand adds rustic charm. How many do you need? I know a guy that works pretty cheap.

You mean one like this?

post-515-127316681789_thumb.jpg

That certainly looks like it would do the job. The cutter I used before came from this company: www.shopbottools.com, but I suppose any cutter would work.

You mean one like this?

LG... looked up that ShopBot... pretty impressive for what it can accomplish vs. a CNC in a metal shop.. and hardly no-space take up and movable... amazed at the price though $7,000 +. not counting software ,tooling & shipping ...

I like the look of this sign. :good:

Also - I believe VtJeeper is in the sign business

All together I need about 80 signs done. 40 this year and 40 next year. Way too much work to be done by hand. Last time I did this project (for Groveton), I bought a used Shopbot, did the project over a couple of years and then sold the Shopbot for a few hundred dollars less than I paid for it. Only downside was space it took up since I was not using it all the time. Looks like I will have to do that again. Thanks for all of your ideas and feedback.

Larry i think you "need" to get another one,,,,, and then we can put out an announcement STATEWIDE that your taking orders to make signs for clubs all over,,, it will keep you out of trouble!

That's what I am afraid of...

Larry i think you "need" to get another one,,,,, and then we can put out an announcement STATEWIDE that your taking orders to make signs for clubs all over,,, it will keep you out of trouble!

We need him building bridges.