Sign in to follow this  
ct_skidoo

Pittsburg Trail Report - My final words for 2009-2010

My next trail report will be next December. I leave what is left this season to the reporting in the capable hands of OldViperRider. Thanks to all who read my reports here and on Facebook starting Christmas Eve day and throughout the season. Hopefully some of these along with the photos along the way gave you some insight on what was happening on the Pittsburg trailsystem and surrounding area.

I actually got on the trails earlier in December on the trail crews clearing trails from all the blow downs that occurred after Thanksgiving from the big windstorm with the heavy wet snow. If you have time next year please come out and help us with trail clearing in early/mid December. Another person or two on each crew can make a huge difference in the work effort made much easier.

Things started out great in mid December and while we had some bumps along the way the winter didn't turn out the way the weather guru's forecasted. And like the prior year it looks like we will not have an extended riding season like we did in 2008. Though I think we all got some good riding in while the system was in its prime weeks.

Please be on the lookout for PRRSC work party days starting in mid summer to fall. We'll have some projects to do like building the new Crosshairs for all the 4x4 sign posts with trail numbers that need to be replaced. We'll have some bridge repairs as usual along with some trail maintenance. And other projects that we have yet defined. Hope to see some of you at these. We had some nice turnouts of members last year.

For those of you who can still ride now enjoy what is left and I will see some of you at the work party's in 5 or 6 months or on the trails next Winter.

Thanks for the reports, John :drinks: Is it just me or did you seem to spend more time than usual up there this year?

Thanks for the reports, John :drinks: Is it just me or did you seem to spend more time than usual up there this year?

Yes this year was quite different and many more to come until we can make our move north. My son is in college now so we are not bound by the secondary school vacation schedule any longer.

Yes this year was quite different and many more to come until we can make our move north. My son is in college now so we are not bound by the secondary school vacation schedule any longer.

Nice job John. I liked reading your reports. Sort of had that CT taste to them.....HAHAHA :drinks:

Thanks for the great reporting. I had never been to the PRR or SDR systems until this year. My 5 best days of riding this season were all up your way! Thanks to everyone who helped with grooming, warming hut duties, trail work, trail reporting, and everything else that goes into supporting a great trail system.

Tim    0
Thanks for the great reporting. I had never been to the PRR or SDR systems until this year. My 5 best days of riding this season were all up your way! Thanks to everyone who helped with grooming, warming hut duties, trail work, trail reporting, and everything else that goes into supporting a great trail system.

You forgot to thank your guide. :unknw: