OldViperRider

First Connecticut Lake Weather & Trail Report.

Hi All,

The low this morning was 25.1°F, the high for today was 40.3°F and currently at 1:30 PM it is 38.8°F. It is partly sunny and calm.

The forecast is calling for party cloudy to partly sunny with the temperatures for the next week running around 32°F for the highs and from the low teens into the single digits for the lows overnight.

Trail conditions well, I will let the following pictures from my 85 mile ride this morning speak for themselves. :yahoo: My ride was West, North and East of the First Connecticut Lake. These pictures are also especially for you that say my trail reports are worth nothing with out pictures. I guess you don't believe me. :wacko:

The GOOD!

The following picture is of Mt. Washington in the distance beyond Magalloway Mountain and the BOWL on the right. That is 58 miles away and it is about the best the view of it gets from Diamond Ridge. :good:

The BAD.

And the UGLY! :sad:

The trails were only like this for about a half mile around Young's. Everything else was covered.

Back to the GOOD on the West side of Perry Stream, Trail 147/142. :good:

Now that was one of the best rides I have had in a long time. :yahoo: With the forecast and the lighter traffic conditions should continue to be the same until the weekend.

Mark :drinks:

Beam me up, please.

Sooooo your saying the riding sucks and everyone should stay the hell away from pittsburg this weekend.......

Sooooo your saying the riding sucks and everyone should stay the hell away from pittsburg this weekend.......

Oh! Gosh! I posted my report by mistake! :nea::poke:

If anyone can get up here to the Berg in the next three days; they will have a very good time. Conditions should be the same until the weekend when the traffic picks up.

Get out on the trail by 7 AM and you can easily do 125 miles by noon; even with stops to take pictures and chat with fellow sledders. :good:

Thank's for the report Mark, wish I was there now ..... :drinks:

Thanks Mark, there is no substitute for elevation, new snowfall and great grooming!

Unfortunately, I will only be able to come up for Saturday when the rest of the world is there. However, I'd rather be riding in traffic on beat up trails than sitting on my ass THINKING about it. :D

Unfortunately, I will only be able to come up for Saturday when the rest of the world is there. However, I'd rather be riding in traffic on beat up trails than sitting on my ass THINKING about it. :D

You are wise beyond your years "Grasshopper"! :good:

JBG    3

X2 good point

I will be there Saturday afternoon until Tuesday, with several people

Any day of riding is better than work :drinks: