cementhead

How are the lakes holding out ?

We're heading up Thurs for the Snodeo. We're staying in Pittsburg at the old Timberland cabins on the 1ST Conn. How are the lakes holding up to cross and ride on ? Hows the lake at CSP for the Snodeo. Alot of activity takes place there on Little Diamond. They'd be screwed if that's not rideable. We got spoiled over the past few years with all the snow we've gotten. The past few seasons, I don't think I made a day trip north of the Kanc unless we made plans to stay over. There had been so many trails I've never been on before in Central NH. It was nice to explore different areas, because of all the great snow we've had. Can't do much about the weather !!

We're heading up Thurs for the Snodeo. We're staying in Pittsburg at the old Timberland cabins on the 1ST Conn. How are the lakes holding up to cross and ride on ? Hows the lake at CSP for the Snodeo. Alot of activity takes place there on Little Diamond. They'd be screwed if that's not rideable. We got spoiled over the past few years with all the snow we've gotten. The past few seasons, I don't think I made a day trip north of the Kanc unless we made plans to stay over. There had been so many trails I've never been on before in Central NH. It was nice to explore different areas, because of all the great snow we've had. Can't do much about the weather !!

This morning I was part of a work party laying out the track on Little Diamond, and it had a surprising amount of snow on it, with three or four inches last night. :) There were eight or ten pickups some with trailers on the Pond and we were drilling holes to set in grade stakes to outline the track configuration and we found at least a couple of feet of ice everywhere we tried to drill through it. :good: People don't realize that area is slightly higher in elevation than the surrounding areas and catches snow when nothing else around it does. It also stays lots colder sometimes between Colebrook and Little Diamond could be fifteen degrees cooler which helps with both snow and ice.

Overall the area where the Snodeo is held looks like "midwinter" with lots of snow, the trails all look good and the ice is very thick. No worries about that end of things at all. All the lakes including First Conn are very stable right now and you should have no problems crossing them on your way over. :clapping:

path 8) finder

This morning I was part of a work party laying out the track on Little Diamond, and it had a surprising amount of snow on it, with three or four inches last night. :) There were eight or ten pickups some with trailers on the Pond and we were drilling holes to set in grade stakes to outline the track configuration and we found at least a couple of feet of ice everywhere we tried to drill through it. :good: People don't realize that area is slightly higher in elevation than the surrounding areas and catches snow when nothing else around it does. It also stays lots colder sometimes between Colebrook and Little Diamond could be fifteen degrees cooler which helps with both snow and ice.

Overall the area where the Snodeo is held looks like "midwinter" with lots of snow, the trails all look good and the ice is very thick. No worries about that end of things at all. All the lakes including First Conn are very stable right now and you should have no problems crossing them on your way over. :clapping:

path 8) finder

Shot a kid across Umnobog to his camp yesterday on the back of the F-7. 6 inches of pure slop. He assured me it was safe.But damn, Worked my sled harder than I wanted to.

Shot a kid across Umnobog to his camp yesterday on the back of the F-7. 6 inches of pure slop. He assured me it was safe.But damn, Worked my sled harder than I wanted to.

No slop at all on Little Diamond, jsut lots of snow on top of good thick ice!

path 8) finder

All the lakes including First Conn are very stable right now and you should have no problems crossing them on your way over. :clapping:

path 8) finder

ummmmmm..... i crossed 1st conn several times on fri and sat and there was a solid 12+ in of water/slush on top. we were more skimming the mess on top than anything... i found it rather unsettling.... if u must cross hold it to the bar and dont stop on the "ice" im sure diamond pond is just fine... its alot smaller

Edited by SkylineREV