SHOWEM

Any updates on Trails?

Any one go out today? Conditions??

Thanks in advance

One brave soul headed into White Lake State Park from Canoe King this morning. He returned shortly, loaded his trailer and headed out.

A quick peak at the Canoe King webcam says it all for the OVSC area..... :sad:

One brave soul headed into White Lake State Park from Canoe King this morning. He returned shortly, loaded his trailer and headed out.

I keep looking at that dam webcam thinking it's going to magically change the scenery but it doesn't! I have plans to go to Moosehead next Thurs for a few days and that looks pretty good right now. Sledmaine has some webcams in Pittson,Rockwood,Beaver Cove and it looks good right now. Thanks for your input. Season was way to short!

Rode with the family from Berlin to Randolph and the Jefferson Highlands. Tons of snow. Tons of snow. Tons of snow. White out conditions on and off. Trails were decent as Berlin had groomed before the 6 inches last night and Jefferson was out tracking the 40 inches and counting. Passed ridiculous numbers of sleds headed north from Twin Mountain. Lunch at the Waterwheel and back up 11 and great trail conditions up to Mount Forest. Got there and was able to see most of the city during a lull. A bit soft down low but dried up with elevation. Have not explored many of the lower trails but I would guess they are very soft and slushy (12 and 19 north).

The question is where to ride tomorrow...

Berlin

Rode from Plymouth to Sandwich Notch, cleared many blow downs in between, the Notch is groomed and flat, a ton of snow up there. Our BR was up there grooming most of the afternoon

post-420-1267310224_thumb.jpg

post-420-1267310332_thumb.jpg

post-420-1267310386_thumb.jpg

post-420-1267310453_thumb.jpg

Edited by PolarisBrian

Set out for Groveton this morning @ 6:00am from Tamworth, got caught in a white out heading up Rt.16 , truck started sliding sideways "just driving straight", wife white knuckled in the passenger seat, stopped and waited for the mini blizzard to pass, turned around and went to Bear Notch Road where we found tons of new SNOW and fairly good trails,got in about 50 miles before the rentals chased us out...

Just got back to Groveton, We left Northern Comfort around noon and headed to Errol Via Diamond/Balsams. Conditions Crappy at best till you hit Elevation. then good snow but mashed potato consistency. Did 90 miles out to Errol (got sidetracked looking for gas) Helped a Poo driver get back to his camp after he died on the trail.(thought that would give me some good karma NOPE) got what feels like a bad tps, on the way home Motor cuts out stalls over 4000 rpm. Shut the sled off/restart runs great for 20 minutes then dies again.Guess we found a better way home only 40 miles on the return caught the groomer at the Balsams and another one coming into Colebrook. I really feel for the groomers out here, It was hard to tell they where out there because of all the traffic.I gotta go get fed. Be back later.

19 in Milan just south of the 117 intersectin had lots of open water last night. Consiedering the last several weeks it was snow free it was passible. Errol in the lower end over by 115 andMills field pond down to 7 mile island bridges was getting worn out as of last night. Way to warm for the groomers and I hope it got down in temp last night but I doubt it. 114 in to Milan was getting pretty snirty, overall was still a great ride. Log Haven's Buffet is just a good as it was last year.

To the guy with the Kiity Cat's in the picture was that you and your son we met last night at the intersection of 114 & 18?

Happy Trails.

Well, it looks like the south west of NH got snow.

This is a place in NEW Iswich nh, http://www.windblownxc.com/Pages/conditions.html

Good snow.

This is a cross country place.

Does anyone know what snowmobile club is in that area.?

We could call and see whats up on the trails?

Skully...if ya out there any info?

This is a place in NEW Iswich nh, http://www.windblownxc.com/Pages/conditions.html

Good snow.

Not enough snow to even think about riding down here I am only two towns over from New Ipswitch...seasons over down here.

Good snow.

LOL ...

I was just replying to this post when you called on the phone.

I live 15 miles South of there and know the area well (the roads that is)

because we ride our Harley's up out that way ALOT !

My truck/auto mechanic lives there and I was at his place Thursday

(it is down near me and on my way home from work) and he said they

got POUNDED with 18" of wet heavy snow. But since then we (my area)

got ALOT of rain and tornado type winds since then and they had ALOT

of blow downs during that ice storm a year ago. So ....

I am waiting to hear from a friend that lives over in Fitzwilliams to see

how the R/R bed to Jaffery is and will post as soon as I hear.

Also the ...

http://www.snomoles.org/

http://www.winchestertrailriders.org/

are out that way but neither are the Club for the area you are looking for.

The Sno Moles are just Southwest of that area and their map does not show

trails there. If you look at their map in the lower RIGHTHAND corner that

is where Windblown XC ski area is. They are located on Rt.124 maybe

3 miles Southeast of where their map ends. I know THERE are trials there

According to my GPS map that I got from

http://backwoodsgpstrails.com/ShoppingCart...depth/ge/ge.php

If you use this link and use the LAYER command on the bottom RIGHT

and click on the appropriate boxes and then ZOOM into the area you want

you will get the pictures I posted here. Also this can be done for ANY area

of the State. BTW ... If your running a GPS this map is well worth the price

and I have donated alot ofthe trails (along with 2 other friends I know).

BTW ... The pic's I posted are SCREEN shots from my CPU.

Rob ....

post-413-1267370037_thumb.jpg

post-413-1267370047_thumb.jpg

post-413-1267370056_thumb.jpg

Edited by skully

Not enough snow to even think about riding down here I am only two towns over from New Ipswitch...seasons over down here.

Matty ...

Hay stop goofing off on the forums and do the video's of your Canadian trip ... LOL ....

I'll come over and watch them on your big screen ;-)

BTW ... No they got way more snow than we got ...

I may ride mid week if I find out they did.

Can't do Friday cus I got a Doc appointment done in Concord,MA at 11am.

Maybe in the afternoon thou.

Rob ....

Thanks SKULLY, :drinks:

i GUESS I WILL JUST PUT ON THE CROSS COUNTRY SKI'S

Monday more snow, May stay ALL snow on the west part of the state.

I may ride mid-week also.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?s...4&map.y=258

PS. Called the SNO Moles, They say To many water bars and they also depend on a lot of bodys of water to cross,

all mush.....need cold temps.

Edited by PHAZERMAN

Thanks SKULLY, :drinks:

i GUESS I WILL JUST PUT ON THE CROSS COUNTRY SKI'S

Monday more snow, May stay ALL snow on the west part of the state.

I may ride mid-week also.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?s...4&map.y=258

PS. Called the SNO Moles, They say To many water bars and they also depend on a lot of bodys of water to cross,

all mush.....need cold temps.

Yup ! I heard from my buddy out that way :sad:

"Rob, it sucks! We took a ride to Troy last night and it would of been waaay more fun on a dirt bike... mud, water and all wooped out. Need more snow, but the lakes are all messed up for the loops. We're so late into the season I don't see them freezing back up...... Need to get up north. "

Guess I'll go rearrange the motorcycles to get them ready to ride and make room for the sled in the shed.

100 miles this season :sad:

Rob ....

Edited by skully

I couldn't beleive my eyes, to see people were riding C-19 in Ossipee :wacko:

Here is what was posted today on Bridgewater mountains Facebook page.....but I didn't see them till now So it looks like I missed my chance to ride unless it stays cold this week... :(

Bridgewater Mountain Snowmobile Club, NH 2/28/2010. All trails for the club have been groomed as of earlier today and were in great shape. Warmer temps may deteriorate the trails quickly. Get out and enjoy while you can!-2 hours ago

Bridgewater Mountain Snowmobile Club, NH 2/27/2010. Club groomed some of the trails today and there is good snow up above 800ft. Trail master put in 9 hours today and groomed maybe half of the system as there were many downed trees to cut and move. Could be as much as 12 to 15 inches up high. Baker River reported 19 inches on 10 mile road. Whare are you seeing out there?-Yesterday at 7:29pm

Edited by snorander

Just got back to Groveton, We left Northern Comfort around noon and headed to Errol Via Diamond/Balsams. Conditions Crappy at best till you hit Elevation. then good snow but mashed potato consistency. Did 90 miles out to Errol (got sidetracked looking for gas) Helped a Poo driver get back to his camp after he died on the trail.(thought that would give me some good karma NOPE) got what feels like a bad tps, on the way home Motor cuts out stalls over 4000 rpm. Shut the sled off/restart runs great for 20 minutes then dies again.Guess we found a better way home only 40 miles on the return caught the groomer at the Balsams and another one coming into Colebrook. I really feel for the groomers out here, It was hard to tell they where out there because of all the traffic.I gotta go get fed. Be back later.

i saw u guys a bunch we stayed at the nothern comfort too.... and we rode east inlet off trail fri and mostly errol/dixville sat-sun

19 in Milan just south of the 117 intersectin had lots of open water last night. Consiedering the last several weeks it was snow free it was passible. Errol in the lower end over by 115 andMills field pond down to 7 mile island bridges was getting worn out as of last night. Way to warm for the groomers and I hope it got down in temp last night but I doubt it. 114 in to Milan was getting pretty snirty, overall was still a great ride. Log Haven's Buffet is just a good as it was last year.

To the guy with the Kiity Cat's in the picture was that you and your son we met last night at the intersection of 114 & 18?

Happy Trails.

Yep that was us after the detour to the Maine border.Gassed up And got back to Colebrook Around 8:30. Caught the groomer just out of Errol and had great trail to the Balsams.

i saw u guys a bunch we stayed at the nothern comfort too.... and we rode east inlet off trail fri and mostly errol/dixville sat-sun

We had a good time,Didnt see any Sled NH stickers though.Forgot to put oil in the sleds this morning when we rode out and had to turn back early.Thought the riding was good, The colder weather helped the groomers. Felt bad That I did'nt have a saw for those trees coming out of the hotel.The Trail Administrator in me wanted to ask the hotel to borrow a saw,But the visiting rider in me just shrugged and said screw it and drive around.

Went towards Windblown crosscountry,taking 202 from Hill's Ford.

To bad there are not any clube in the higher areas, there is plenty of SNOW.

Pictures are enclosed from Sunday feb 28 2010.............

post-515-1267455744_thumb.jpg

post-515-1267455775.jpg

It was defiantly a strange storm. I got mostly rain here at the lake and it was a mix in West Ossippe and Tamworth, but just down the road in South Tamworth they got mostly snow. Here is a pic of one of the back roads in South Tamworth, too bad there aren't any trails over there :wacko:

We got a good 5" of heavy wet snow in littleton last night! first measurable snowfall in 3 weeks.

Similar sized snow banks up in Madison, amazing differences in a small radius, grass was showing down by the lake....