Sign in to follow this  
ctcrew

SDR Warming hut

Always have ridden the PRR trails but never had thought to venture south. Can anyone tell me what I can expect riding down to the SDR warming hut from Back Lake. Also, if it's worth it, what trails do you recommend to take from PRR system? Thanks a million -Scott

Always have ridden the PRR trails but never had thought to venture south. Can anyone tell me what I can expect riding down to the SDR warming hut from Back Lake. Also, if it's worth it, what trails do you recommend to take from PRR system? Thanks a million -Scott

You can expect the best trails in the Northeast right now :good:

There are several route options from Pittsburg to SDR warming hut - all great trails:

5s, 20e, 136s, 112s, 18w

5s, 134s, 18w

5s, 134s, 135s, 133s, 18e

5s all the way

20w, 21s, 120s, 5s

Trail 5 is a primary corridor, so that gets the most traffic.

134 is one of my favorite trails - lots of hills, twists, and turns, as well as very scenic.

21 to 120 to 5 is a pretty ride as well. Watch for Zekester's 2 "Pole Cats" on trail 120.

Once you get anywhere near the Warming Hut area there are GAS signs at all the intersections. They will direct you to the Hut.

Have a great trip

Edited by Old Thumper

There are several route options from Pittsburg to SDR warming hut - all great trails:

5s, 20e, 136s, 112s, 18w

5s, 134s, 18w

5s all the way

20w, 21s, 120s, 5s

134 is one of my favorite trails - lots of hills, twists, and turns, as well as very scenic.

21 to 120 to 5 is a pretty ride as well. Watch for Zekester's 2 "Pole Cats" on trail 120.

Once you get anywhere near the Warming Hut area there are GAS signs at all the intersections. They will direct you to the Hut.

Have a great trip

Great thanks for the thurough feedback....one more day!!!! :yahoo:

5s, 20e, 136s, 112s, 18w

5s, 134s, 18w

5s all the way

20w, 21s, 120s, 5s

Have a great trip

Before our trip when I read this I was wondering what "Pole Cats" were. All I could think of was those small sizzor lifts used in construction. Then during our trip, were going down 120 and out the corner of my eye there was an Articat flying threw the air! We turned around to see the "Pole Cats" :yahoo:

Before our trip when I read this I was wondering what "Pole Cats" were. All I could think of was those small sizzor lifts used in construction. Then during our trip, were going down 120 and out the corner of my eye there was an Articat flying threw the air! We turned around to see the "Pole Cats" :yahoo:

I would luv to see them lit up,i did notice what seemed to be some power going to them!

My favorite way from back lake would be 142N (Perry stream? I get confused with these)-5s-112s-18alt(beautiful trail)-134s-18w.

That takes you out east and gives you a wide variety of riding types... Plus you hit 4mi brook, perry stream, and roaring brook trails- all my favorites in the north country.