Oldtimer

Shawno hurt in an accident @ work..

Found this posted @ FS....Wish you the best Shawno!

Posted form Facebook.

Shawn Donahue

Shawn asked me to post an update for those that don't know,he had an accident at work last Tuesday:prototype vehicle-kissing a wall at 35MPH. He's recovering at the hospital(internal bleeding and surgery) but healing is slow. We expect him ...home next week if all goes well this weekend with starting to eat again. (no food for the last 8 days-Yikes). We expect him to be up causing trouble real soon.-Darcy

Thanks for the posting Oldtimer!!!

Shawn hope all goes well and you have a gull and speedy recovery!!!

Get Well... Shawn ... keep us updated if you can. Thank's OT for letting us know.

Get well soon Shawn..... hope you heal quickly

Just got done talking with the newest "Crash Test Dummy". He is sounding much better than when I talked with him last week. Got him joking about losing his "beer belly". He sure has had a rough go of it. He lost a few feet of his intestines and signoid sp? colon. His humor is coming back and he was worried about not being able to attend the next County Meeting. Maybe a new racing series is in the future. Segway demolition derby sounds like fun! Hope everyone keeps him, the boys, and Darcy in there thoughts. It was too funny, that his first concern was that the new snowmobile trails and a Park and Ride at the Dragway were still moving forward.

WOW! What is happening with people these days! Everyone...please be careful!

Shawn, take it from this "Crash Test Dummy" take your time getting well. You only have one real chance and you need the time. Do not rush back into it. Make sure you get second options on anything you think is not right. Just because they are docs doesn't mean they are up to speed on things....scary I know.

For you others out there. Since we're the sacrifices for the great winter to come, I hope you have a SAFE and fun season. LOL

Hope you get well soon Shawn.Can't Make fun of the crash till you do.

The jokes about crash are good mental therapy for him. It shows he is improving. Hopefully he will piss off the doctors and they will send him home for some real rest. Can't get any in the hospital with all of the needles and tests. He told me that he can't have any visitors or calls as he needs as much quiet time as possible. I am sure he will really appreciate the well wishes from everyone. He will probably be starting to eat food soon. The "bagged" lunch doesn't cut it when it comes to eating.(nice to get I.V.'s out)

I will pass along any info as I receive it from Darcy or him.

Get well Shawno!! (so we can spar about things some more)J/K

Good luck with the healing Shawn.

Just got done talking with the newest "Crash Test Dummy". He is sounding much better than when I talked with him last week. Got him joking about losing his "beer belly". He sure has had a rough go of it. He lost a few feet of his intestines and signoid sp? colon. His humor is coming back and he was worried about not being able to attend the next County Meeting. Maybe a new racing series is in the future. Segway demolition derby sounds like fun! Hope everyone keeps him, the boys, and Darcy in there thoughts. It was too funny, that his first concern was that the new snowmobile trails and a Park and Ride at the Dragway were still moving forward.

Get well soon Shawno.......

What's the story on the new snowmobile trails and Park and ride at NED?

Get well soon Shawno.......

Talked with Shawn this noontime. He is getting tubes and I.V.'s out this afternoon. He was pretty excited about being able to take a shower. Its been 11 days and he says he is pretty rank.

What's the story on the new snowmobile trails and Park and ride at NED?

Trail out of sandpit is being closed and blocked with rock etc. Trail that goes by generator shack is being blocked off. There will be no legal riding along the sides of the track this year. With no events planned over in the MX area there is no need for sleds over there anyhow. Hoping to keep sleds out of MX track. The track is planning on setting jersey barriers on the table tops and jumps to help keep rogue riders off track. Trail that was cut in last year is having some excavator work and gate installed. New trail is being cut from the back of the pits near protected wet area (fenced off area), then following fence line to gates out front. Lot 1 will be plowed for truck and trailer parking. Hours of use will be 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. Gate may or may not be locked during curfew hours. With the park and ride in Epping having no way to get to it with new shopping center behind Burger King and the Freemont Park and Ride not going to be plowed this year. I hope all who use this, will respect that the Dragway and the Newfield Sno-Raiders, have gone through a great amount of work and expense to have this Park and Ride. Shawn was very instramental in getting this arrangement through.

35 MPH on a Segway ????? :shok:

Is this a new turbo model? You must have to lean forward about 45 deg

:help:

Hope you're back on your feet soon Shawn.

Shawn, I'm just in from out of town,,,,,, I sincerely hope your back to new soon!!!

Thank you for all the good wishes. :good:

I will still be a long road to recovery, estimated 2.5 - 3 months. I just got home and would like to rest again but I will give more information on my "Incident" later.

Thank you all again.