Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct_skidoo

Premier Snowmobiles

29 posts in this topic

They don't have one on the floor yet but I thought this is an interesting time to get in the business.

Check them out here

Great looking sleds, it seems like there is a need for youth machines. Like everything , this economy will dictate a lot on there success.

Sure hope they are value priced! Maybe they are funded by the Obama stimulus package!

They spent a few years in devolpment saw the first write up two years ago.These things are priced right IMO.Under 4 grand.

22hp ,i think will be a hard sell

probably a good rental. or somethin for the misses to run? :good:

"Final Assembly and Quality Control completed by

Premier in Holly, Michigan using Globally-sourced parts and components including US Domestic Content."

Ie; Chinese powered sled put together in USA. I can almost guarantee they are using those Chinese no-name motors that are getting imported on all those junk 4-wheelers. Good luck EVER finding parts for them. I stopped working on those POS 4-wheelers.

Premier in Holly, Michigan using Globally-sourced parts and components including US Domestic Content."

Ie; Chinese powered sled put together in USA. I can almost guarantee they are using those Chinese no-name motors that are getting imported on all those junk 4-wheelers. Good luck EVER finding parts for them. I stopped working on those POS 4-wheelers.

:good: probably the truth.

You could be right.But if that where the case I would think the sled mags would have taken a crap on them.....

Not if they were marketed toward the "budget-minded consumer"...

I have spoken to the owner and developer of these sleds. He informed me that they are using an engine from Europe, not China. I asked that direct question. The liquid cooled motor has a radiator and an electrical fan. He felt that since this is a smaller sled, designed for pre teens and smaller people that it would be better to run a fan instead of intercoolers.

The video of the young lady is of his 9-year old daughter driving the sled. This is not for your typical adult, he designed this for "Tweeners" people who are not strong enough for a full size sled and too large for the 120's. The liquid cooled sled will do about 40 MPH from what he told me and the fan cooled will do about 35 MPH. He has contracted with a dealer in Epping NH to sell the sled.

I have spoken to the owner and developer of these sleds. He informed me that they are using an engine from Europe, not China.

They REALLY need to note that on the site...

SEG, I think they should send a couple for the boys to try for the winter. With the miles you guys put on it would be a test and who better test one then someone who repairs sleds.

We'd be willing to try.... :good:

Workng on getting one of their dealers to our snow show this year!! I have a 10 year old who has been riding on the back of my 2-Up for the last 3 years so I am interested in checking these sleds out. Steve!!

I have spoken to the owner and developer of these sleds. He informed me that they are using an engine from Europe, not China. I asked that direct question. The liquid cooled motor has a radiator and an electrical fan. He felt that since this is a smaller sled, designed for pre teens and smaller people that it would be better to run a fan instead of intercoolers.

The video of the young lady is of his 9-year old daughter driving the sled. This is not for your typical adult, he designed this for "Tweeners" people who are not strong enough for a full size sled and too large for the 120's. The liquid cooled sled will do about 40 MPH from what he told me and the fan cooled will do about 35 MPH. He has contracted with a dealer in Epping NH to sell the sled.

A Saturday afternoon trip up the Rec. trail will be the true durability test of that sled , even at 30 mph. :drinks

They REALLY need to note that on the site...

They did in their FAQ....

"Question: Who makes the engines?

"Answer: We co-designed the engines for our models with a company overseas where they are built and branded under Premier. We do not release any supplier information for competitive reasons, but to clarify our engines are NOT made in China, and are made for us by a major world-wide company with a great reputation for quality."

Be interesting how they ride and if they catch on with family's for younger riders. The price point seems really good.

They did in their FAQ....

"Question: Who makes the engines?

"Answer: We co-designed the engines for our models with a company overseas where they are built and branded under Premier. We do not release any supplier information for competitive reasons, but to clarify our engines are NOT made in China, and are made for us by a major world-wide company with a great reputation for quality."

Nothing on the site says the engines are made in Europe, either.....

I had a look at one of those sleds at the Stratham fair the other day. Not a bad looking little sled, did'nt get the hood open or sit on it as it was up on hay bales. Seemed to have some good features , price I think was around $3,700. It was a dealer in Epping that had the display. Great size for a kid.

22hp ,i think will be a hard sell

Hard sell for whom, Not for a 8-14 year old. They don't need to be doing 60 mph to have a good time. As long as they can go across the snow faster than a 120cc, the kids will love it. Both the 300 and 200 are priced under $4k. If the quality is there, there is an invemtory of parts and good customer service, they should do fine.

Hard sell for whom, Not for a 8-14 year old. They don't need to be doing 60 mph to have a good time. As long as they can go across the snow faster than a 120cc, the kids will love it. Both the 300 and 200 are priced under $4k. If the quality is there, there is an inventory of parts and good customer service, they should do fine.

I read last night the new sled maker Premier will be at the SNHSS snow show Friday oct30th thru the weekend at the ROCK I know when I started out at 7 or 8 years old it was on a 70 ish skidoo, and for years I had a blast on that thing my grandfather always said" If you can start it you can ride it" and he had 150 acres to explore. As the saying goes "boy I wish they had one on those when I was a kid" in regards to the looks and suspension of this "starter sled"

Edited by REV-ED

they are more of a kid sled.go to there web site they show pitures of kids and one of a guy.good looking.much like the skidoo freestyle in engine and price.

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

My son is 9 and sat on it. He is not a big kid but a pinch on the small side and this fit him perfect. For a new sled though I saw some good scratches on it, especially around the ignition key area, but overall, it looked nice. :good: