lotus_dbh

Nearest Hospital to Freedom/Ossipee?

We're having guests this weekend at our camp in Freedom, and my buddy's wife is about 8 months pregnant. She has asked me where the nearest hopital is in case she goes into labor (which would clearly screw up my memorial day weekend party, but I don't imagine she'll care!) ;)

What are my options?

What time are the festivities, do you have a dock in yet, what should I bring besides me own cooler.... :lol:

We always run to Wolfboro not sure that's the best place but I think it's the closests. Maine Med is just about an hour, I had multiple back surgeries over there and they were great.

Good luck

Memorial in North Conway.

Drive fast to Dover anything closer doesn't have a good reputation. Dover is an hour also. Or take a midwife with you just keep her sober!

Drive fast to Dover anything closer doesn't have a good reputation. Dover is an hour also. Or take a midwife with you just keep her sober!

I have heard that Maine Medical has a good reputation....Not so much Memorial....

Memorial is where all my nieces and nephews have been born. They are all alive still. They even had their kids there too.

As far as other things go, Memorial is one of the best broken bone hospitals going. They get all the ski / sled/ snowmobile accidents. They are the closest place to a lot of ski hills..

Memorial is where all my nieces and nephews have been born. They are all alive still. They even had their kids there too.

As far as other things go, Memorial is one of the best broken bone hospitals going. They get all the ski / sled/ snowmobile accidents. They are the closest place to a lot of ski hills..

Damm I just wrote most of this up and deleted it....

I wrecked myself skiing at AttiSplat about 20 years ago :shok: (time flies)

Memorial wouldn't touch me, they had me immediately transferred to Maine Med :help: .

Lets just hope for your sake, that your party doesn't get grand standed by some kid that's gonna think he's entitled to Memorial Day Weekend at your camp, for the rest of it's life... :rofl:

Edited by W8in4SNO

Well said, OT. Thanks. :)

Lets just hope for your sake, that your party doesn't get grand standed by some kid that's gonna think he's entitled to Memorial Day Weekend at your camp, for the rest of it's life... :rofl:

LOL!!!

Or take a midwife with you just keep her sober!

That is a fantastic idea.

It just so happens my wife is an ACNM certified Midwife.

What time should we be up there? :D

That is a fantastic idea.

It just so happens my wife is an ACNM certified Midwife.

What time should we be up there? :D

Sounds like a fantastic idea. My other option is to bring her to Ossipee Lake Marina. Tim has been able to fix pretty much anything of mine that's broken..... :rofl:

We're having guests this weekend at our camp in Freedom, and my buddy's wife is about 8 months pregnant. She has asked me where the nearest hopital is in case she goes into labor (which would clearly screw up my memorial day weekend party, but I don't imagine she'll care!) ;)

What are my options?m

Edited by nh-doo

Tim    0
Sounds like a fantastic idea. My other option is to bring her to Ossipee Lake Marina. Tim has been able to fix pretty much anything of mine that's broken..... :rofl:

I've told my wife, and I'll tell you. If something happens to me and you don't think you can make to a Massachusetts hospital, just prop me up with a view of the lake, put a Guinness in my hand and walk away!! :sorry:

My sentiments too, couldn't think of a better place on earth to kick the bucket.

What ever happened anyway? Does Lotus have a Memorial Day Weekend freeloader for life or what? Despite my good intentions of crashing his party, I didn't.

Now, if he had a campfire going and I saw it from the boat that's an open invitation in my book, all bets are off, land hoe!

Tim    0
My sentiments too, couldn't think of a better place on earth to kick the bucket.

What ever happened anyway? Does Lotus have a Memorial Day Weekend freeloader for life or what? Despite my good intentions of crashing his party, I didn't.

Now, if he had a campfire going and I saw it from the boat that's an open invitation in my book, all bets are off, land hoe!

Or a couple of heads in the hot tub! :good: