Just wondering of there are any other gas stops available other than youngs, such as Magalloway Cabins? Any info is appreciated.

Just wondering of there are any other gas stops available other than youngs, such as Magalloway Cabins? Any info is appreciated.

Young's Store and Dorman's Quick Stop are now the only two gas stops in Pittsburg. Dorman's is located just south of Young's on Route 3 right next to the trail to the Arctic Cat/Polaris dealer. You must use a credit card at Dorman's.

Mark :drinks:

Edited by OldViperRider

There is one near the Arctic Cat Dealer also. Also a couple of Mom and Pop stations in town.

There is no longer any gas available in the village.

There was gas available at the old Top Gas!! What are you guys smoking? :wacko:

Not all of his pumps were working but a couple of them were. :drinks:

There was gas available at the old Top Gas!! What are you guys smoking? :wacko:

Not all of his pumps were working but a couple of them were. :drinks:

Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. Not dependable. :banghead:

Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. Not dependable. :banghead:

I know the guy isn't a local and that works against him but he came out and spoke to us and said he got his account with the supplier fixed and is good to go. I don't know him and certainly liked the place better as a grocery store / gas station.. But its a hell of a lot easier for me to get gas there and then hitting trail 20 to get out of town than going to youngs or domans.. Especially with the trail closures getting out of youngs making trail 138 (I think) to get to trail 5 beat to shit with all of the sled traffic.

Maybe when you were asked this gas question you should have said Top Gas is hit or miss and not "Young's Store and Dorman's Quick Stop are now the only two gas stops in Pittsburg." :good:;):drinks:

I know the guy isn't a local and that works against him but he came out and spoke to us and said he got his account with the supplier fixed and is good to go. I don't know him and certainly liked the place better as a grocery store / gas station.. But its a hell of a lot easier for me to get gas there and then hitting trail 20 to get out of town than going to youngs or domans.. Especially with the trail closures getting out of youngs making trail 138 (I think) to get to trail 5 beat to shit with all of the sled traffic.

Maybe when you were asked this gas question you should have said Top Gas is hit or miss and not "Young's Store and Dorman's Quick Stop are now the only two gas stops in Pittsburg." :good:;):drinks:

Thank you for the information. Up until you posted this my information was as I stated.

I am glad he got things straightened out. We really needed a reliable source of gas in the Village. :good:

Thank you for the information. Up until you posted this my information was as I stated.

I am glad he got things straightened out. We really needed a reliable source of gas in the Village. :good:

The pumps on the inside lane worked when I was there. One of the ones on the outside lane the screen is messed up. The owner said he hopes to get it fixed but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Too bad Dubes gave up there pumps!.....

Too bad Dubes gave up there pumps!.....

I would not be surprised that the cost of replacing the in ground tanks was too much to justify the slim profit margin on gas.

I would not be surprised that the cost of replacing the in ground tanks was too much to justify the slim profit margin on gas.

When we spoke to the guy there back when gas was SKY high - he said he also got sick of everyone blaming him for the high prices and it just wasn't worth it..

He told me this past weekend his wife slipped and fell on ice and broke her leg and ankle - no fresh goodies for a while.. :sad:

We know it's old news and we understand the reason but do we miss getting gas at Ramblewood !!!!

We know it's old news and we understand the reason but do we miss getting gas at Ramblewood !!!!

Me too!

Same here....come right off the lake and avoid Youngs and the yahoos all together.

Same here....come right off the lake and avoid Youngs and the yahoos all together.

Never understood people waiting in line at Youngs when for another $2 in gas cost you could run across the lake from the east side fill up and be back on the trails in less time than it took to get from 1st conn to youngs nevermind the wait at the pumps.

Never understood people waiting in line at Youngs when for another $2 in gas cost you could run across the lake from the east side fill up and be back on the trails in less time than it took to get from 1st conn to youngs nevermind the wait at the pumps.

the flatlanders didn't know how to get there! oh wait I'm a flatlander :wacko:

It was super sweet. I never minded paying extra for it, even when gas was $$$$ anything to avoid a giant line and some yahoo jumping his sled over the parking lot snowbank and down onto the trail junction below the station.

Gas at ramblewoods will be missed.It was always nice to talk to Paul when getting gas there.

Dave