BigGuyNH

I understand Capitalism, but...

If you make a mistake when confirming my reservation, it is your error, not mine. You do not come tome 4 days before my arrival and tell me Ineed to pay more, when the reservation was booked in Oct of 2020.

So,

I am looking for a hotel that has access to the trail system in the White Mountain area.

Any suggestions?

And I will not throw them under the bus, but they have lost my business.

I talked with BigGuy about this. Mostly, interested in Above the Notch. 

Without going all the way to Pittsburg, my list includes (in no particular order):

Mountain View Grand, Whitefield - Good trail access, very nice. Pricey, more for couples. Good food

Wayside Inn, Bethlehem - Good trail access, a bit run down, decent food, affordable, quiet

Cabot Inn, Lancaster - Good trail access. I have not stayed here is several years, not sure about current status

Royalty Inn, Gorham - Have not stayed here, but it looks like a good option. There is trail access. 

Town and Country, Gorham - Good trail access, good food, good value in the past

Lancaster Motel, Lancaster - I believe they have trail access, have not stayed here

3 hours ago, ljgomes said:

Below the Notch or above the Notch?

prefer Above, but open to anything

I stayed at Lancaster motor inn the last two weekends, rode out of nash though. But I do think you can hook to corr5 via a little spur trail right behind the hotel. $89/night plus fees and taxes 

my next venture might bring me to diamonds peaks motel? Not sure if I got the name right.....not much in area for dinning and I think colebrook is prob 20min or so from there though. Never been inside but hope it’s better than what I see when I fuel up

ICG    5

Lancaster Motor Inn -  Ok

Diamond Peaks -  dumpy 

Colebrook Country Club - nicer

I suggest Percy Lodge in Stark.  It has really nice rooms with a cabin feel and they have a Great Room if you want to relax with social distancing. It has trail access to Nash Stream forest trails (via riding a short distance on snow covered roads).  Gas is available near the Groveton clubhouse about 9 miles away via PT117 west.  You can also access Millsfield trails by going about 10 miles east on PT117 East or access Berlin trails by going 12 miles south on PT109.  Percy Lodge has an on-site convenience store with some items.  But located about 4 miles away is Gord's Store where you can get breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches and pizza.  For dinner its about a 30-minute drive to Lancaster or Gorham.   Website link is below:  http://percylodgeandcampground.com/

Might be further north than what you're looking for, but I recommend 45th Parallel Cabins.

45th Parallel Cabins - Northern NH Getaway Cabins - Motels | 45Parallel (45parallelcabins.com)

I've stayed at the Mountain View Grand in Whitefield many times! Beautiful place!