Sign in to follow this  
Bearcat250

So I was wondering!

As the title suggests, I was wondering, what if this weather pattern continues and there is minimal grooming done throughout the state. What happens to all the money collected through registration for grooming? How can clubs plan on projects with no grooming money coming in? 

At a club meeting on Monday we were told that with the new registration increase comes increase in grooming funding rates. But with the increase in grooming funding rates there is no more GIA funding grants for projects.

Just wondering

There will continue to be money for summer work grants. 

4 hours ago, Bearcat250 said:

What happens to all the money collected through registration for grooming?

If collected registration fees aren't spent this season they aren't lost, they're retained and available for future use.

RSA-C:39 Paragraph VII
VII. (a) Any funds appropriated to the department of natural and cultural resources for the bureau's grant-in-aid program shall be kept in a separate account and shall not be used for any other purpose. The corresponding registration fee moneys allocated to the bureau's grant-in-aid program under paragraphs I and III shall be deposited in the account. Moneys in the account may only be used for grant-in-aid projects that benefit the ridership of snowmobiles. Any unexpended balance in said account shall not lapse, but shall be carried forward to the next fiscal year. All funds shall be used for trail maintenance, construction, and the purchase of grant-in-aid equipment.

RSA-C:39 Paragraph VIII
VIII. Funds appropriated to the department of natural and cultural resources for administration of the bureau shall be used for the following purposes:
(a) Publications.
(b) Trail maintenance and acquisition.
(c) Land purchases, easements, rights-of-way, and new construction of trails.
(d) Snowmobile facilities.
(e) Such other purposes as may be budgeted within the limits of the funds available. Any unexpended balance in said accounts shall not lapse, but shall be carried forward to the next fiscal year.

RSA-C-39 Paragraph VIIII
IX. Any funds appropriated to the fish and game department shall be used for the following purposes:
(a) Enforcement of the provisions of RSA 215-C and RSA 215-A.
(b) Establishment of snowmobile training programs. At the discretion of the director, snowmobile training programs may be combined with OHRV training programs.
(c) Law enforcement under this chapter, which shall be the responsibility of the executive director.
(d) Snowmobile registration.
(e) Such other purposes as may be budgeted within the limitation of the funds available. Any unexpended balance in said accounts shall not lapse, but shall be carried forward to the next fiscal year

RSA-C:39 Paragraph X
Any excess registration fees collected and not expended shall be nonlapsing and shall be retained by the snowmobile and OHRV program for future use. In each year of the biennium, the excess fees collected may be expended by the fish and game department and the department of natural and cultural resources in the same proportion as described in this section with prior approval of the fiscal committee and the governor and council.

That's good info. Thanks for posting the statutes. As a member of a southern NH club with minimal snowfall over the past few years, I am aware of the costs of what we do and hope GIA and RPT funds are available for clubs stay solvent and perform the good work that they do.

59 minutes ago, Bearcat250 said:

That's good info. Thanks for posting the statutes. As a member of a southern NH club with minimal snowfall over the past few years, I am aware of the costs of what we do and hope GIA and RPT funds are available for clubs stay solvent and perform the good work that they do.

I still have good memories of a ride from Loudon to the Massebesic traffic circle through the SNHSS trails,  Other than a logging operation on a portion of the C-15 trail it was all good.