Sign in to follow this  
pathfinder

Vintage Sled ride No Reg Required Franconia Notch Trails

Baker River Valley Snowmobile Club's photo.

JAN26

Vintage Rides Hosted by BRVSC

Public

Details

Vintage Rides are back again this year!!

SUNDAYS: January 26, February 23 and March 15

Meet at the clubhouse (197 N. Dorchester Road, Wentworth, NH) at 8am to ride out.

ANY vintage sled is welcome and registration is NOT required. All rides are on Baker River club trails. Come join the fun!

DSCN1699 (Small).JPG

Had a great Vintage Ride yesterday with a totally diverse group of vintage Mutants from all over. Now look forward to next Sunday where we will do a Vintage Ride up through Franconia Notch, (never done that one, looking forward to it) on the walking trails. Should be a HOOT!

https://www.facebook.com/BakerRiverClub/videos/626405254821978/

This coming Sunday is the NHSMA vintage ride through Franconia Notch-come join us! NH registration is not required, 1995 and older sleds please.There will be food provided by https://www.facebook.com/White-Mountain-Snowmobile-Club-165570986821650/ after the ride! Follow the link to the museum's event for all the details 1f609.png

pathfinder

I rode through Franconia Notch on Saturday. It really is a cool trail, great views. Fun cruising under the highway. Just be ready to give a wide berth to the groups on the rentals. You of all people know they can be a bit unpredictable. 

sled.jpg.d96ccc85ecaff2bcae40b080786afe9c.jpg

That's one comfy looking Cat!

this coming Sunday is the NHSMA vintage ride through Franconia Notch-come join us! NH registration is not required, 1995 and older sleds please.There will be food provided by https://www.facebook.com/White-Mountain-Snowmobile-Club-165570986821650/ after the ride! Follow the link to the museum's event for all the details 1f609.png

I have to say it is comfy. Smooth, the 4 stroke is quiet and as powerful as I need it to be. I get extra points for the heated seat in back when my wife rides along. It has a set of fiberglass helper springs that I can engage when riding two-up. Never bottoms out. It fits my needs well, surely isn't for everyone. 

Just don't get it stuck,  because it is as heavy as it looks, maybe more. No one has to worry about me going off trail, that is for sure. 

20 hours ago, PolarisCobra said:

I rode through Franconia Notch on Saturday. It really is a cool trail, great views. Fun cruising under the highway. Just be ready to give a wide berth to the groups on the rentals. You of all people know they can be a bit unpredictable. 

The rental riders' gear can be rather entertaining. We passed a lady in the Notch on Saturday who was dressed for fashion in her trench coat and cashmere scarf!

Edited by rossi46

4 hours ago, rossi46 said:

The rental riders' gear can be rather entertaining. We passed a lady in the Notch on Saturday who was dressed for fashion in her trench coat and cashmere scarf!

"Danger Will Robinson", "Warning, Warning"