classicdmax

Repair shop groveton area

Anyone aware of any small time repair shops near groveton/Lancaster? 
I’m having bogging issues with my sons z370 and frankly I don’t want to spend my time wrenching on this thing when I come up here to ride. I pulled and cleaned carb last night and we just returned from a 75 mile run, he said it was bogging quite a bit throughout the ride

thanks for any help

j-

No longer in need

i disconnected kill switch and problem went away. Now just need to come up with a kill switch fix 

When I had a rental fleet, I had three brand new Z370's that generated the same problem. Being in Pittsburg, one of them ended up over the border in to Quebec, where I had to retrieve it, which was a pain in the ass. Eventually figured out that the kill switches were the culprit, and routinely disconnected them to get them back in a pinch. Hard to figure Arctic would not pick up on the flaw in a build that was as basic as possible at the time. Needless to say I never replaced them with similar models. did replace them with 6  '04 Polaris Classics of which 5 of them needed to be rebuilt, just out of warranty (90 days for rental sleds) because that year build were built with too tight a tolerance of piston to cylinder and routinely blew up.

pathfinder

Seems like throttle safety switch is part of same harness kill switch is associated with, so not really sure where the malfunction was. I just ordered what I think to be part needed so hopefully this will be a solution. $122, ouch. 

37648652-8D54-441F-BBA8-6038F60C80D3.jpeg

Edited by classicdmax

43 minutes ago, classicdmax said:

Seems like throttle safety switch is part of same harness kill switch is associated with, so not really sure where the malfunction was. I just ordered what I think to be part needed so hopefully this will be a solution. $122, ouch. 

37648652-8D54-441F-BBA8-6038F60C80D3.jpeg

Take a look at your messages.

I have to remove hand grip and heater to replace this????WTF

I was hoping the case would split

612660E2-3FF5-4331-A5CA-5558A29C2AE2.jpeg

6AC29A9C-46A0-46FA-9859-2F15B26ABE1D.jpeg

Have to ask the question.. Are you sure the part will fix the problem?  Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?  I've sent you a portion of the repair manual that covers testing of this assembly. Swapping electrical parts can work, but can also be expensive. 

You’re absolutely right. I do have a multimeter but rarely use it to check resistance so am not totally familiar but do understand the concept. not sure at all that the part will fix the problem. I did find your link....but unfortunately for me I’m in Rhode Island, sled rests in groveton until I return this weekend to ride. I do t set aside a whole lot of extra time to diagnose/wrench on things. I figured to take the gamble on this part because of that. Hind-site probably easier to diagnose as opposed to removing grip and heating element. But giving my situation if it gets my son on that sled quicker, and improving his riding experience then win/win? I will at the very least have the part in hand next time I’m north for a fix as opposed to being empty handed after diagnosis

I do appreciate your input and will at least at some point run through the motions of resistance testing