ericlun

Snowmobiling driving NH Economy in Northern NH

Good article...and a good informative read.  Hope lots of people get a chance to read it.

It is an interesting opinion piece... but shows off a major problem.

Tourism is about $6 billion of an $80 billion State economy... so not really the driving force. 

The estimate is that Coos County accounts for roughly 3% of that $6 billion in tourism (based on M&R revenue).

So it means that northern NH's economy is really quite bad.

12 hours ago, John Mercier said:

It is an interesting opinion piece... but shows off a major problem.

Tourism is about $6 billion of an $80 billion State economy... so not really the driving force. 

The estimate is that Coos County accounts for roughly 3% of that $6 billion in tourism (based on M&R revenue).

So it means that northern NH's economy is really quite bad.

That kind of surprises me! Would have thought that percentage would be higher! Couldn't help but notice the discussion related to enforcement driving people into Maine. Rational sounds familiar, but still tries to negate private owner rights to off trail riders.

pathfinder

Getting state economic impact from a Ridge Runner groomer is not likely to be unbiased nor a valid measurement of state economic impact statistics.

UNH is considered a more authoritative source.

Like someone mentioned, it's an opinion piece.

Talk to real people in North country, it's important. But leaf peeping and skiing are probably equally important.

I've read more informative articles with real statics rather than opinions. I was unimpressed with this article. Facts would be more helpful. But researching them them is not as much fun as a ride with a groomer!