Sign in to follow this  
jhwentworth

Question about club membership

Without getting a mud-slinging contest started, could someone update me on the current status of club memberships and the NHSA? Do clubs offer memberships that do not include NHSA membership? I understand that secondary club memberships don't require a payment to NHSA, but is it required on the primary club membership? I'm speaking here about joining a club outside of the NHSA Membership System (the NHSA web site).

What are the current rules?

3 hours ago, jhwentworth said:

Without getting a mud-slinging contest started, could someone update me on the current status of club memberships and the NHSA? Do clubs offer memberships that do not include NHSA membership? I understand that secondary club memberships don't require a payment to NHSA, but is it required on the primary club membership? I'm speaking here about joining a club outside of the NHSA Membership System (the NHSA web site).

What are the current rules?

WHO IS THIS?  Who hacked Jay's account?

41 minutes ago, noxorc said:

WHO IS THIS?  Who hacked Jay's account?

I guess I must be dense. Who's Jay?

Let me simplify.

If I apply for membership in a club via paper application requesting that I not be enrolled as an NHSA member, will clubs accept that application?

Will the club still have to pay a fee to NHSA? 

Bonus question: Would I be entitled to the "club member discount" when registering my sleds if I were a club member but not an NHSA member?

John if its any help ,,,,,,, you pay the "portal fee" once and can then join any clubs you wish without paying the NHSA portal fee for each club ,,,, you can have one primary club and multiple secondary clubs all thru the portal.  

You cannot get the discount without paying $10 to NHSA for a fee.  You don't get NHSA membership for that money.

10 hours ago, ljgomes said:

You cannot get the discount without paying $10 to NHSA for a fee.  You don't get NHSA membership for that money.

Thank you Larry, that's what I thought. I remember that the old NHSA membership fee had become the "portal fee" to get the discount.

Oh well, looks like some club donations again this year.