Sign in to follow this  
ljgomes

Godspeed Jim Herbert

For anyone who has ridden the Groveton Trailblazers trail system in and around Nash Stream over the past 15 years, the great experience that you had is in large part due to the efforts of Jim Herbert.  He not only went out grooming almost every day, but in the off-season, he maintained the groomers and drags, applied for grants and organized trail maintenance.  If you got to meet Jim, you know what a wonderful person he was. If not, take my word for it, Jim was a talented person and very dedicated to making sure things got done right.  Take a few minutes to say goodbye on the funeral home page listed in the obituary below.  His family will appreciate knowing how many lives Jim positively affected.

JAMES “JIM” M. HERBERT, 79, of Cloutier Dr. in Stark died on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH after a lengthy illness.
Jim was born on June 20, 1939, in Burlington, VT the son of James M. Herbert, Sr. and Clara (Dyke) Herbert. He was a graduate of Spaulding High School in Barre, VT. Before retiring Jim worked for Perini of Framingham, MA working in both New Hampshire and Vermont. Jim and Marilyn moved to Stark seventeen years ago from Franklin, NH, and Jim has been the Trail-master and groomer for the Groveton TrailBlazers for the past fifteen years.
Jim was a lifelong member of the Mount Sinai Masonic Temple in Barre, VT. He was a Veteran of the US Army served during the Vietnam War.

Jim is survived by his wife of 57 years Marilyn Herbert of Stark; three children Marcia Garner of Richmond, VT; James D. Herbert of Claymont, Deleware; and Dianne M. Herbert of Stark; four grandchildren; four great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren and one brother Robert Herbert.
Calling hours will be held on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, from 5-8 pm at the Armstrong-Charron Funeral Home in Groveton. Funeral service will be held on Wednesday, May 29, 2019, at 11:00 am at the funeral home with Pastor Patricia Williams of the Groveton United Methodist Church officiating. Inurnment with Military Honors will be held at the convenience of the family in the Emerson Road Cemetery in Stark.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Jim's name to the Groveton Food Pantry; c/o St. Marguerite d'Youville Parish; PO Box 247; Groveton, NH 03582.
To send the family your condolences via the online register book, please visit, www.armstrongcharronfuneralhome.com

R.I.P.  Sympathy for the family.

People like him are leaving us and not being replaced.

(Did an entry on his guest book)

Edited by Saluda

So sad to lose another great guy,,,  my condolances 

'after a lengthy illness'

It's difficult when someone goes suddenly, from the perspective of closure, but I hate the idea of suffering for a long time. I hope that wasn't the case for him. 

57 years married is an accomplishment, I hope I get there. 

RIP

Great guy! Big loss to the system! Condolences to the family.

path:(finder