Sign in to follow this  
Shifty

Littleton area is great

We’ve got tons of snow and the clubs are kicking butt.  If you’ve looking for a new spot, Park in Littleton and you can go in any direction. Any size/ length loop you want. The best parking is on 5/105 the rail bed. The lot is on industrial park road. Across from harbor freight. 2 min off of 93 exit 42

Shifty, hear rumor there was a bad accident today down your way. Wife didn't know if it was sleds or auto

2 hours ago, gunmaker said:

Shifty, hear rumor there was a bad accident today down your way. Wife didn't know if it was sleds or auto

Not sure. Did have to local cops go flying by top speed code 3 around 2 o’clock 

I rode through Littleton for the 1st time from Twin a few weeks ago.  It was a lot of fun but def need a good amount of snow to get over there. 

Shifty , thinking of a loop on Friday that has me heading north through Littleton up to Whitefield and over to Jefferson then back into Twin and south. Any suggestions on what might trail would be a better connection to take from Littleton over to Whitefield, Corridor 5 or Primary 105? I am hoping cold weather this week will still keep trails good.

Thanks in advance

Def stay on 5 imo.  It’s a great ride( right by my house) and is well maintained.  105 is much much shorter but it’s rail in place railbed. It was choppy when I rode it home last sat.it doesn’t get much attention from the whitefield side at all. I avoid it most seasons. 

Take 5n until you reach Scott’s junction in dalton. Then bear left on 100 to Lancaster. 100 comes back to 5 in the fields along the river. Go right on 5s. This goes by the snowdrifters clubhouse and becomes the pipeline to Jefferson. Basically skip whitefield. 

Edited by Shifty

Nothing against whitefield, this is just my favorite way to Jefferson. 100 splits and comes back to it self on its way to Lancaster. Either way is good.  Straight is fields and rail(no rail in place) and the split is twisty. Covert bridge is on 100. Trestle is on105

60EB1F6B-6483-4DBD-A7E1-12EA9F9E4368.jpeg

9BB1FE44-BA12-40D2-B48A-5A9ABBB6F81F.jpeg

Shifty awesome advice. When I have the choice I always take the longer route, especially when its a better ride! Thanks much! Now just hope work cooperates and I can steal Friday.

Are the conditions on 5N out of Littleton between Fox Ridge Rd and the trail to Parker Hill good? While it's been a few years I have ridden here, I remember it was a bad section of trail. Probably much better now.

Thats the section I live on and its excellent.  

Shifty great call on the trails in Littleton area and further north. Friday's ride had picture perfect blue sky with nice flat trails and the perfect temp. It was probably the most scenic ride we had in many years. Even the stretch of Corridor 11 just past the Notch was groomed. Here is a snapshot of our route leaving from Rumney.

Friday Ride 189 Miles.JPG