Sign in to follow this  
jhwentworth

Parking at Whale Tale Waterpark

I've been told that it's OK to park truck/trailer at the Whale Tale water park in Lincoln. 

True?

Edited by jhwentworth

Sure looked like it was two weeks ago

F3AD4E2B-57C9-49C2-8458-395AEA18B519.jpeg

Edited by snorander

Hello I was going to do a ride in the baker River area

is there gas in the Lyme Dorchester Wentworth warren area

Leaving from moultonborough New Hampshire

Thanks

There is gas in Lyme center, in Wentworth off Cor5, Warren off Cor5, Campton near the Sunset grill, Cannan.  Ride with 2 gallons of gas on your sled and you should be good for a day anyway.

Are you leaving with your sled from Moultonborough?  You can get get in Plymouth on your way back or Cannan as mentioned above or the Bridgewater store at the south end of Newfound Lake.

Thank you for that information

Yes I'm leaving from my vacation home on Lake Winnipesaukee in moultonborough going to do a loop at the western side of New Hampshire just never been up that way before haven't seen many gas stops on the state map

I see that 154 does a big loop just dont know how far it was to wait for gas we have 900 four strokes plenty of gas with them always need to know where gas is though

thank you

9 hours ago, doodave said:

Thank you for that information

Yes I'm leaving from my vacation home on Lake Winnipesaukee in moultonborough going to do a loop at the western side of New Hampshire just never been up that way before haven't seen many gas stops on the state map

I see that 154 does a big loop just dont know how far it was to wait for gas we have 900 four strokes plenty of gas with them always need to know where gas is though

thank you

There is only 1/2 of the 154 loop because of a bridge out...so you can access Lyme thru the Skiway.  Also there is no crossing of cor24 over rt118 between Hardy Country and Mt Cardigan trail systems.  Beauftiful areas...can't wait to get the full 154 loop back.

Hello Cat reserve

Thanks for that info I was looking at the map going by what you're saying taking Route 24 from Ashland I cannot cross 118 to get to 5 to get to 154 or should I take 156 off of 24

Not familiar with the trails in that area so we'll just be cruising around most of them see where they go

Thanks for your help much appreciated

You need some local maps or a GPS trail program...you can get 1 online I here.  The state map only gives you the big picture.  To get to the western part of the state from the Ashland area and above you need to go thru the Baker River System.

We have the gps trail maps in sled on garmin gps  

so hope it works well in the baker river area might need a new update its been a few years

thanks again

You should be fine in Baker River with your GPS I think. As usual, you will still need to pay attention to the signs. If you can get into the clubhouse there, you will typically find free paper maps on a table. 

On 1/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, CATRESERVE said:

There is gas in Lyme center, in Wentworth off Cor5, Warren off Cor5, Campton near the Sunset grill, Cannan.  Ride with 2 gallons of gas on your sled and you should be good for a day anyway.

Are you leaving with your sled from Moultonborough?  You can get get in Plymouth on your way back or Cannan as mentioned above or the Bridgewater store at the south end of Newfound Lake.

I heard no gas in warren nowadays?  Can anyone verify?

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

I don't believe the store in Warren has gas pumps anymore.  The next closest being Shawnees in Wentworth

4 hours ago, PolarisCobra said:

You should be fine in Baker River with your GPS I think. As usual, you will still need to pay attention to the signs. If you can get into the clubhouse there, you will typically find free paper maps on a table. 

$'s I think they charge for them or they should .  At least a donation. 

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

There is gas.

1 hour ago, rossi46 said:

I don't believe the store in Warren has gas pumps anymore.  The next closest being Shawnees in Wentworth

One gas station in Wentworth (the old Shawnees)  trail goes right thru it.   One gas station in Warren where the hardware store used to be (like my directions?)  Have to cross over rt25.

Kind of got off the subject of Parking at Whales Tales!

22 minutes ago, CATRESERVE said:

$'s I think they charge for them or they should .  At least a donation. 

I agree. If I park there and go in to change, we usually pick up a map, and each of us puts a 5 in the jar, buy a raffle ticket if they have some. 

1 more question

what trail is baker river sc cludhouse on

and what trail and  town  is that rocket i see in allot of pictures from u guys

Thanks again

Rocket is on 5 in Warren, can't miss it when you get close. Cluibhouse is on Corridor 8. The the street address is 197 N Dorchester Rd, Wentworth,.