NHrider

Great Riding in the CNHSC trails

I rode the CNHSC trails last year and they did a wonderful job,  this year they are on top of their game.   Fantastic trails that were groomed quite nicely.   Rode there last weekend and this weekend.   Also met Airtime on the trails there yesterday.

But the question is... Did you park in front of us again?

I totally agree with Rene here. The trails in this area are fantastic.

We were on trail by 7:30.  Rode till 11 on freshly groomed, untouched trails.  Passed 2 people.

Then everyone else showed up and it turned in to a usual Saturday.

Central New Hampshire Snowmobile Club

Rode there myself last Saturday tracks were freshly groomed started at Whales Tale went south then west  to the power lines and Bog pond and then over through the notch to Twin and Back aon the trail at 8 am and loaded up at 12:30.  Ran into a radar trap on the straightaway by Cannon.  Officer was a nice young man let me off with a warning stated that the speed limit is still 25mph there and got me at 51.  Was just giving it the gas after being behind a tour group through the Notch.    Then returning from Twin he almost got me a again!  But a Red jacket in the woods caught mu eye just in time.

3 hours ago, Yamiblue said:

Best place to park please?

Fabians!

On 1/14/2019 at 0:36 PM, PolarisCobra said:

These guys (and girls??)

http://cnhsc.com/

Thanks Dave I had a blonde moment

13 hours ago, PolarisCobra said:

I've got news for you. That's gonna get worse before it gets better , I'm sure some of the other old farts here can attest. :rolleyes:

SHHHHHHHHHHH    LOL

I'd like to keep it quiet as well on just how good CNHSC trails are...  but I can't be that greedy.  I have a cabin right at Junction T, 155/152.  Family was sick last weekend so we had to stay in MA.  Can't wait to ride this weekend.  Brutal cold and lots of snow coming!!

@Yamiblue If you're trailering up and parking, park right at the police/fire station, immediately off exit 28. There's a wide road next to the train tracks where loads of folks unload.  Cross 49, head west to access all the trails...and gas up easily at Chesley's mini mart if need be.  Here's a link to parking by fire/police station..  https://goo.gl/maps/w7VXCPNXBcH2

2 weeks ago had the little one bombing around the field by our place.

small.jpg

Any recommendations on a good lunch stop in Campton or Thornton...the area of 152/155/11?

Catreserve's trailside cooking doesn't count :D

9 hours ago, rossi46 said:

Any recommendations on a good lunch stop in Campton or Thornton...the area of 152/155/11?

Catreserve's trailside cooking doesn't count :D

Oh come on...You can bring a lunch and eat in front of the woodstove at the warming hut,  Sunset Grill is great, not too far to Rumney for the Common Cafe, Bistro or Plain Janes (you know about that).  If you ride on Feb 23 you can eat TRAIL SIDE at Peaked Hill for Central NH's groomer rodeo....support the club, eat some dogs, burgers plus and enjoy the whole snowmobile experience.  If all else fails you may see me cooking somewhere...cooking burgers on the Cor11 rail bed a week ago.  I usually have extra.

By the way...Red Hat Band next Sat night.  Hope we don't get liquid snow on Sat.

Great post... thanks for the info!

We're planning to ride Sunday and possibly do a Friday night run...might have to move it to Saturday though if Red Hat is in the house!