Sign in to follow this  
jhwentworth

Ski Doo MXZ 600 Ace

I'm looking at a 2017 Ski Doo Sport 600 ACE for my wife. Anybody here got one? I know the Sport version doesn't get the high end suspension stuff, but does it work for an average trail rider?

Is it the 600 ACE or the 600 Sport?  They are different, one is a 4 stroke, the other is a 2 stroke.

In 2017 the MXZ Sport was available with the 600 ACE motor or the 600 carb 2-stroke. This one has the ACE. Ski Doo refers to the Sport line as "value" because it doesn't have some of the high-end pieces.

Got a 2011 (first year) 600 ACE in the stable  (No ITC like current model..older Rev-XP chassis).  It's technically my in-laws sled, and they are very happy with it.  When they're not visiting to ride (most of the season), my wife rides it quite a bit...more so than her actual sled ('05 GTX 550Fan).  I buzz around on it from time to time too.   I think it's a great trail sled for novice riders or anyone who isn't inclined to be super itchy with the throttle.  I find it reasonably peppy at the very low end...up to 20-30 it's plenty quick.  So yeah, I think it's overall a great sled for "the wife" or any "average trail rider".  When we have other friends visit who have NEVER ridden a sled, they are also very at home and at ease on it.

Congrats.  I'll be interested to hear how you like it.  I've been looking around for one for my GF to ride.  She doesn't have much experience at all, and the spare sled I have has way more power than she needs.  I think the 600 ACE would be perfect for her.

We've been plowing through the sled owner's manual to get an understanding of learning keys and operating modes. The original owner said he ran the sled only with the learner key set to the slowest setting, and said it had plenty of acceleration for him. I think we'll use the regular key set to sport mode.  It does make me wonder if these different keys and modes might explain why some people think the 600 ACE sleds are slow and others say they go pretty good. Maybe the owners need to look at their manual. We took the sled out for a short ride around the house and it seems to go okay, and is amazingly quiet. 

Good luck in finding an MXZ with the 600 ACE motor. They dropped the 600 ACE from the MXZ lineup after the 2018's, but it's still available in the Renegade. I didn't see a lot of them for sale, maybe because the 600 ACE was available only in the Sport package that didn't have the upscale features. The MXZ Sport 600 ACE comes in the XS chassis, and the Sport with the 600 Carb motor is the XP chassis. Whether this model wasn't popular when new, or people are holding on to them, they seem to be hard to find.

Yup, not giving it away that’s for sure

Ain't never selling mine...no way....no how!  Its a ultra rare 2012 600 A.C.E. MXZ TnT.   The TnT's were clutched differently than the sport models, all the low end torque you'll ever need for the twistys here in NH.  Never seen one like it for sale.  Going on 6 years now, still runs like new, no issues whatsoever, and still gets 30 mpg to boot!

Fun little thread on DooTalk about the A.C.E. secondary market.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1515953-used-600-ace-market/

IMG_20181126_173144_390.jpg

Edited by Hardy

We bought a 2018 left over  mxz sport 600 ace at Lemiuex in Colebrooke. 8300 out the door.  The wife has put 15 miles on it riding it and around the field.  She likes it and it's a perfect sled for her.  For me, not so much. 

On 11/24/2018 at 8:57 AM, MTNBYKR said:

Congrats.  I'll be interested to hear how you like it.  I've been looking around for one for my GF to ride.  She doesn't have much experience at all, and the spare sled I have has way more power than she needs.  I think the 600 ACE would be perfect for her.

The Elan has too much power for her? :rolleyes:

If I had money, I'd be all over a 900 ACE, but I don't so it's crappy old sleds for me LOL. For a beginner I think the 600 ACE would be perfect, but for me I don't think it would be enough.

The only 600 ACEs I see are in the rental fleets...  Where those go every year I dunno.   I love my wife's 900, I ride it more than my 1200. 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:29 AM, snorander said:

If I had money, I'd be all over a 900 ACE, but I don't so it's crappy old sleds for me LOL. For a beginner I think the 600 ACE would be perfect, but for me I don't think it would be enough.

Someday an upgrade!

130.JPG

On 11/29/2018 at 9:24 AM, CATRESERVE said:

Someday an upgrade!

130.JPG

Must have been built by Porsche