Sign in to follow this  
Freedom Rider

NHSA having legal issues again.

NHSA is being sued. Very little info was given out at Rockingham County Meeting last evening. Members attending meeting were informed that the Association was being sued. There was little info offered other than that and that if anybody wants more info the must call the NHSA President as the Board of Directors were not given anymore info than that.Here is contact info: https://nhsa.com/new-hampshire-snowmobile-association-officers-and-directors/

Pretty sad when Directors are supposed to be able to inform the members of what is going on yet they are given very little factual info to disperse.I was not present at the meeting so my info came from a friend who attended. The County Director and Assistant gave out what little info they had and tried to answer questions as best as they could. Gotta be hard being handcuffed when you are trying your best service the people who elected you. Thank you Rob and Donnie for making the effort to serve the clubs and members who elected you.

Suit is in Belknap Superior Court. I have not seen any of the documents that are available from the Clerk of Courts. I hope to be up that way early next week. If anybody has a chance to grab a copy I am sure many would like too see what is really going on.

Maybe they don't know why they are being sued (Like when NHSA sued the AG?).   It seems most companies when being sued go in "No Comment" mode, but I'm guessing the suit will be public when it works itself through the courts so it won't really matter.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:53 AM, Saluda said:

Sent them an E mail requesting info on the subject. Nothing yet.

I doubt you will get a response from them. When they don't even tell their Directors anything, I doubt they will tell their members anything.

I'll let you know, will do a reminder after a while and possibly send one to a second person.

(Reminder e mail sent)

Edited by Saluda

No reply from the Pres. after two attempts, Vice Pres. got right back to me. There is  a suit, any info coming from their attorney (none at this time).

At least appreciated her timely reply.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Freedom Rider said:

I doubt you will get a response from them. When they don't even tell their Directors anything, I doubt they will tell their members anything.

Any more info on this Jeff?

From what i can see, a gentleman named Donald L Leclair has filed a request for a declaratory judgement in Belknap Superior Court in a dispute between himself and NHSA. There have been motions to dismiss and motions to strike, and on November 27'th there will be a hearing to address the motion to dismiss. A request for a declaratory judgement isn't a lawsuit and doesn't ask the court take action. A legal site I visited defined it like this: "A declaratory judgment is a judgment of a court which determines the rights of parties without ordering anything be done or awarding damages." 

Many times a request for a declaratory judgement precedes another action.

You can view CASE NO. 211-2018-CV-00247 at any county superior court using the public access process. While viewing this case you'll be able to get greater detail. 

On 11/6/2018 at 8:35 AM, Skip said:

Any more info on this Jeff?

No I have not been able to get there. Still recuperating and handling medical issues is taking up all of my "fun" time. Didn't even get to go to County Meeting. The Derry Club location meeting is always a great meeting. Many fine folks with outstanding food. They could feed an army there and all of it is first class.

I've now seen the original complaint filed by Donald Leclair. It's quite lengthy, but in short it alleges that NHSA violated it's Governing Documents (2016 Constitution and By-Laws) in the time period after the Assurance of Discontinuance settlement with the NH AG. He alleges that he and other NHSA members have been damaged by these violations. He's asking the court to "issue an order declaring the respective rights and obligations of the parties", and enjoin the defendant from implementing the changes until proper notice is given and the procedures in the 2016 Constitution and By-Laws are followed.

The complaint covers more ground than just these points, but this seems to be the main thrust of this action.