Sign in to follow this  
pekabu

Bravo 250 fitting help

Fixing up a Bravo 250,  think it's an 85.  I broke the elbow connector on the back of the carb,  fuel line I believe.   Yamaha microfiche doesn't show a part number (Other than part of the main body).  Suggestions on fixing?

Microfiche.png

20181009_181050.jpg

You might try a hardware store. Some of them have a selection of fittings similar to that. You might not find one with the 90 degree elbow, but if it has the right threaded and, and a nipple for a rubber hose, you should be able to make it work. 

Or, try a lawnmower shop. They may have a box of fittings laying around with a piece of gold in it. 

11 hours ago, snorander said:

I was thinking I may, but the thought of paying $75 for really just a $1 nipple is killing the New England cheapskate heritage in me.

Dave

Does that just press into the carb or is it a thread in piece? If you can get it out of the carb we should be able to match it up to something, I have a box of misc old carbs just let me know. Or you could swing by Daves sm engine in Raymond, Gary or Dave should be able to hook you up with something

Edited by RK-SXViper

10 minutes ago, RK-SXViper said:

Dave

Does that just press into the carb or is it a thread in piece? If you can get it out of the carb we should be able to match it up to something, I have a box of misc old carbs just let me know. Or you could swing by Daves sm engine in Raymond, Gary or Dave should be able to hook you up with something

Ugh,  I just realized I came out as a Yamaha owner.   Can I still give you crap Rob? 

I'll look closer.  Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by pekabu

Buy some small brass tube and drill that plastic piece to press fit the tube into!