CATRESERVE

So lets keep this forum positive...

We get enough negative in everyday life from the idiots on the news.  I have posted in the past to keep it positive on here so lets do it.  HCS used to be the sled bashing format but that has cleaned up a bit toward the positive and but also has less comments that usual.  Keep in clean and keep it fun...and lets invite our younger and newer sledders to chime in and post some FUN STUFF.

Seems like when any forum goes ROGUE and NEGATIVE...a new forum pops up somewhere else and we all move to it.  Lets get it back to normal and have some fun...so when the riding starts we are in the BIG POSITIVE ATTITUDE. 

I am starting it off with a nice high peak cooking photo.  Can't wait!  I look at photos and videos all summer!  Might be hot lemonade in the cup....

IMG_0660.JPG

I agree. But also appreciate a spot where voices can heard and opinions given. A balance is what is important. So when you fellas have a great ride or cool mod/ repair. Post about it!! Pics pics pics!! 

Nothing against your trailside cooking, but hopefully we meet up for another night run at the Common cafe! :friends:

11 hours ago, rossi46 said:

Nothing against your trailside cooking, but hopefully we meet up for another night run at the Common cafe! :friends:

Yes for sure.  Looking forward to some snow "all winter" and some riding.  Maybe if they get a trail to Greenhouse we can try that also.  Since they moved can't really ride to there.

23 hours ago, Shifty said:

I agree. But also appreciate a spot where voices can heard and opinions given. A balance is what is important. So when you fellas have a great ride or cool mod/ repair. Post about it!! Pics pics pics!! 

I agree with you, and feel that it's a lack of  posts rather than too many negative posts. Let's face it, even at the height of the snow season there are few posts here, and the most prolific posters do tend to be those who are interested in NHSA and club "politics." These political posts also tend to attract a significant response, while trail report threads die pretty quickly. Just do a scan of the General Discussion forum and look for topics with a large number of replies and views and you'll see that many of them are the political type.  The reason they're viewed and replied to is that the audience is interested in them. Back in April a post about the results of a F&G meeting concerning the need for NHSA numbers to get the registration discount  resulted in 36 replies and 1548 views. I think that response does show more than some general interest in that subject.

If you want to read non-political posts then you need to post them, and the viewers of those posts need to react to them. Too many posts  show 150 views and 0 replies. A passive readership will continue the current dominance of political posts.

I wonder how many members of this forum have never submitted a post or a rely to a post? I suspect it's a large number.

That said, in the summer, you can't expect too many posts on any subject.  Well, except for George, he seems to be on fire 12 months of the year.

I'd like to point out that there has been i post on this forum since my last post. That would be 4 days. Hate to say it, but the best thing that could happen for this site is to have some rabble-rousers do some posting.

It's uncertain whether a web site with a focus on small geography and a limited -interest sport can survive. I hope that it can.

Need to get some snow and cold weather to rouse us all!

I agree with all of you. Frankly, you all know as I've made my voice heard. I've gone on to greener pastures since this site became SledNHSA by a few here. There is WAAAY more to snowmobiling than turning every topic into an NHSA post. There are really a LOT of great people here, and I look forward to another good snowmobile season I hope.

I would love to see this forum become active again.  I really don't like facebook so I stay away from it for the most part, and I don't care for HCS either, so this is my only place for snowmobile posting.

Agree, Positive, you can disagree, be civil. no bashing at all.

Snow Dance.PNG

This forum is the most sane, and I find I can generally get the best info here. HCS can be good, you have to wade through more junk. You can get some really bad advice there for sure.

It's really hard to follow a conversation on Facebook, finding anything is nearly impossible. It's OK for some trail condition info, but nothing technical. I don't understand the draw of Facebook. 

1 hour ago, PolarisCobra said:

This forum is the most sane, and I find I can generally get the best info here. HCS can be good, you have to wade through more junk. You can get some really bad advice there for sure.

It's really hard to follow a conversation on Facebook, finding anything is nearly impossible. It's OK for some trail condition info, but nothing technical. I don't understand the draw of Facebook. 

I cant figure out Facebook, so I dont use it

Don’t have Facebook either nor do I care for it or any other social media

phonE, text or email is enough for me

5 hours ago, classicdmax said:

Don’t have Facebook either nor do I care for it or any other social media.

phone, text or email is enough for me.

All I can say is this site is what you, the members, make of it. Unfortunately social media sites have taken a substantial about of traffic away from forums. I'll admit that I haven't done much to help foster conversation here lately. I'll make it a point to try to help turn things around here, but I'll need your help. If you see or do anything related to snowmobiling post it on SledNH.  

Better to have a small community where there is meaningful communication than a mess of incomprehensible stuff, and a certain amount of inaccurate information. 

BTW - Was watching the news on NECN on Wednesday around noon, the weather guy put up a great picture from the Northeast Kingdom, and credited some guy named John.

Looks like you must have gotten another drone...

21 hours ago, ckf said:

All I can say is this site is what you, the members, make of it.

Yes, it's a case of the audience being  the performers.

Social media, or forum, it's a few people who provide the majority of content. Not saying it's great content, but it is content.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:35 AM, PolarisCobra said:

Better to have a small community where there is meaningful communication than a mess of incomprehensible stuff, and a certain amount of inaccurate information. 

BTW - Was watching the news on NECN on Wednesday around noon, the weather guy put up a great picture from the Northeast Kingdom, and credited some guy named John.

Looks like you must have gotten another drone...

Yeah, Michael Page uses my images quite a bit.  I was never more than a few days without one. Cost of doing business I guess :lol:

15 hours ago, jhwentworth said:

Yes, it's a case of the audience being  the performers.

Social media, or forum, it's a few people who provide the majority of content. Not saying it's great content, but it is content.

Nailed it. 

Nice to too see Pre-Season activity here.  We are all waiting and anticipating some snow this year as always.  As I have said before my glass is always 1/2 full!  Hope it starts early and stays late.  Few pictures dated December 17, 2016 at camp in central NH.  Nice to ride before Santa comes...that's all I need for Christmas.

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG