Sign in to follow this  
snorander

I know I said my next sled would be a rev, but.....

For $150 I couldn't pass this one up. It will be a great project to work on with my 11 year old son. 150lb in each cylinder and no spark. Let the fun begin!

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1457A.jpg

IMG_1459A.jpg

engine.jpg

Edited by snorander

Will be interesting to watch this progress. You will need to do some searching to find the missing parts for that thing for sure. 

Could turn out to be a great project. 

Thankfully it is very complete. All that is missing is the air box. My brother in law has a sprint parts sled that I have to pick up, but it's hurting and missing stuff too. Other than fixing the no spark issue, I just need a windshield and a hood as this one is cracked (now a nice hood will be tough to find, hopefully I'll stumble across one from a sprint as they seemed to be more common).

IMG_1455B.jpg

Edited by snorander

Looks awesome Steve!  That will be a great project for you and your son!  And it looks like you've already given it the WD-40 treatment.  That's always the first step. :D

If the windshield isn't cracked (it looks complete from the pics) then you might be able to clean it up with plastic polish.  I've had pretty good luck with this stuff:  

https://www.amazon.com/Novus-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1533582870&sr=8-4&keywords=plastic+polish

And if you can't find a hood in time, you can always do the "frankenstein repair" - holes drilled on either sides of the crack and then stitched together with zip ties.  I know that wouldn't really be up to snorander standards, but it would get you by until you could find one. :good:

Thanks Mike,

A quick once over and it has spark, so I’ll clean the carb this weekend and see if she’ll fire up! Now if I could only find the damn engine tag so I can figure out what motor is in it. I’m really hoping it’s a 340, but from what I’ve found online I think it’s a 440. If I could Id the sled itself that would help too lol. Model number and year built have long since worn away. I’ve got the serial number but can’t find anywhere online to decode it.

Good family project for the summer...looking forward to seeing it on the trails this winter!  I've got a few projects to work on but I don't have AC in the shop.  Miserable weather can' wait for fall/winter.

Enjoy to build.