Sign in to follow this  
trailblaster

Great start to a base

We got some heavy rains,wind and hail in Loudon today. My side of town(near pittsfield) got a little but the west side of rt106 got this.

FB_IMG_1531266591598.jpg

Like always ,,, we got crap in Penacook!!!!

On 7/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, rivercat said:

Like always ,,, we got crap in Penacook!!!!

This time you didn't want any part of the crap. These pictures were taken by a friend who lives on Ayers Road in Canterbury (right on the Northfield line) right after the storm went through. Flowers and garden are now gone. If you were growing potted mums outside on black plastic they would be shredded. I'd imagine that fruit trees took a beating too, and hail and 50-60 mph wind wouldn't help a field of sweet corn. You've got to be a little crazy to be a farmer, but you know that.

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Edited by jhwentworth

As I have said before...I hate summer more and more.  Live for fall, winter, and spring although we don't seem to get spring and winter anymore.  This hot, humid, dry summer is awful. When we do get rain or weather changes it is so severe and does not do anyone any good.  I guess some rain is better than none.  Hail is no good for anyone.  It always costs me money in lost plants and other damage.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:15 AM, jhwentworth said:

This time you didn't want any part of the crap. These pictures were taken by a friend who lives on Ayers Road in Canterbury (right on the Northfield line) right after the storm went through. Flowers and garden are now gone. If you were growing potted mums outside on black plastic they would be shredded. I'd imagine that fruit trees took a beating too, and hail and 50-60 mph wind wouldn't help a field of sweet corn. You've got to be a little crazy to be a farmer, but you know that.

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Holy cow!!!!!  tho the plants can look like a loss, sometimes nature can turn them around again,,,,,, 

John your right about being crazy,,,,,, we've taken harsh hail before and made it thru,,,  bad hail isn't much worse than a heard of deer,,,,, and I've recovered from that too!  I have been nailed by $8000 once by the buggers,, they ate 2600 pots of ornimantal cabbage and kale