Sign in to follow this  
PolarisCobra

NHSA Bonus Program

Been quiet here, even for summertime. 

I noticed this post on the NHSA website, looks like a good deal for the clubs, and helps move a bit more money from this event to where it will be used to improve trails.

https://nhsa.com/volunteer-bonus-program/

Am I missing something, or is this a positive move?

Yes BUT, if your club works 600 hrs at $10.00 = $6,000.00 and with the possible bonus =$6,900.00

Another way would be 600hrs at $12.00 = $7,200.00 which gives you a $300.00 bonus over the 15% bonus.

The success of the event is controlled by the weather and what is the budgeted profit?,  probably a closely guarded secret that will be announced after the event. 

The NHSA board of directors have budgeted $12.00 per hr for labor for the last 3 Year’s, but apparently you are not working hard enough or they are unaware of inflation.

Thanks for the site.

The $12 rate has been paid to the money trailer people for a few years now. I asked the president about it several years ago , and she also was unaware of this policy at the time.. That must be why the event is budgeted for a $12 rate,  by the board.   

Edited by smthopr8r
punctuation

I don't have much insight into what the pay rates are back to the volunteers. Sounds like it has been $10/hr for some time? Do they have trouble getting enough help for the event? If they need more help, an increase may be in order. IF they get enough help, then its easy to say an increase isn't needed. Either way, the concept of a bonus that is tied to profitability (mostly driven by the number of attendees) seems to make sense to me. 

ICG    3

NHSA  Volunteers ....   it's a tough position  to deal with...besides being  a thankless  endeavor ,   NHSA mandates  retraining  for volunteers....