Sign in to follow this  
Saluda

Things are quiet here

Everyone too busy cutting the grass ?

Started a new job, crazy busy with the In-Laws (Mother-In-Law had a minor stroke in Feb, Father-In-Law with dimentia), visiting grandkids, and yes, cutting the grass tonight. 

5 hours ago, PolarisCobra said:

Started a new job, crazy busy with the In-Laws (Mother-In-Law had a minor stroke in Feb, Father-In-Law with dimentia), visiting grandkids, and yes, cutting the grass tonight. 

Sorry to hear, about your in-laws. We should all try harder this year to encourage each other to make a point to attend gatherings with the people/events posted on here. I gave up my day job, as event  coordinator to spend my Winter working closer with Dirt Dummy on our much needed trail/groomer maintenance.

Tough when our parents age. Don't ask me how I know.

Roles reverse.

Good luck.

Sorry Dave about your in laws ,,, it’s a difficult chapter of “life” 

sledaholic THANK YOU for helping Dirt Dummy... he needs all he can get ,,, (kidding there) ,, don’t let him make you help weed his garden !! 

Me ? Been open at the greenhouse 61 hours a week ,, plus the work AFTER work,

Either  this Friday Or Monday I receive  42,000 mums  that I have maybe two weeks to plant and get onto irrigation,, YES FALL IS COMING!! ,,, looking forward to early July,, for a day or two off ! 

And my grass? I think I need to mow and bale it !! 

Edited by rivercat

We had lots of good years with them. My father-in-law is 90 now, but we had him out on the trails 7 - 8 years ago. My wife is struggling with it for sure. Trying to help her understand that its something you have to expect. The only alternative is going before them, and a parent should never have to bury their own kid. I have seen that happen, and it isn't good. Better that we attend our parents funeral than the other way around. 

It is surely taking lots of our time, but I'm not complaining about it, it's just something you do when you need to. 

Cut Grass, that's why I have a goat

2 hours ago, BigGuyNH said:

that's why I have a goat

why does that not surprise me