Sign in to follow this  
smthopr8r

Special Meeting

In the past, I have joined a club when registering at a dealer by filling out the clubs form (which they gave me), giving the money to the dealer, then registering with the discount.

Seems to me that a club could buy something like an IPad (must be cheap ones available used on EBAY?), and leave it with the dealer. Then anyone could borrow the IPad, log into the site, join a club, get the email on their phone with the voucher, and register with the discount. I realize they would be free to join any club they want, but I would think that if you put a sign on the IPad that it was provided by XXX Club, for the purpose of joining their club, people would join the club recommended. I have to think most dealers and other registration agents have a WIFI connection that the IPad could be connected to. 

Our ATV club has a range of member ID numbers that we are responsible for.  We split the range into two groups.  The first group are numbers that are assigned automatically when a member registers using our online system.  The other group of numbers is pre-printed onto membership forms that are held at our retail locations.  When a member comes into the retail location, they fill out the membership form and the agent uses the member ID number at the top of that form for their ATV registration.  The form then gets scanned and sent to our membership person where the data is entered into our database and also into NHOHVA's database.  Fish and Game can contact NHOHVA at any time to ask if a number is valid. Very simple system that can be easily audited.  NHSA is not telling the truth about what is possible so they can extract $10/member from the clubs.  Shameful.

"when registering at a dealer by filling out the clubs form "

First thing tomorrow I am going too see if I can get a list of the DEALERS that Support NHSA and make them aware of what NHSA F&G are going to do to them.

KISS THE FOOT TRAFFIC ON A SATURDAY!

It looks like the Days of leaving Club Application with Club Serialized ID Numbers are Gone and KISS Your ONLINE Membership Web Page Goodby!!!

Anyone now doubt my Claim of RESTRAINT OF TRADE and CREATING A MONOPOLY!

I am having a large GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE:

PRE-NUMBERED CLUB CARDS, PRE-NUMBERED, SWEATSHIRTS with your MSC ID No, Cup Holders and more.

send a pm for a copy of all item we will selling

Were are losing Two Thirds of our Sources for funding our Club. Our Dealer and Online Web Page ACCOUNTED for over 60% of our Revenue. 630 Member X = $$$$$?

30% = 252 Member Base to Start with for 2018-2019 Season.

As for the comment of a person being a Member of a Club but not NHSA going to the "CLUB POTHOLE" I know of anyway, at this time, they can get in to it with out a without Joining a Club. I would say Roger has some twerking to do?

37 minutes ago, ljgomes said:

Our ATV club has a range of member ID numbers that we are responsible for.  We split the range into two groups.  The first group are numbers that are assigned automatically when a member registers using our online system.  The other group of numbers is pre-printed onto membership forms that are held at our retail locations.  When a member comes into the retail location, they fill out the membership form and the agent uses the member ID number at the top of that form for their ATV registration.  The form then gets scanned and sent to our membership person where the data is entered into our database and also into NHOHVA's database.  Fish and Game can contact NHOHVA at any time to ask if a number is valid. Very simple system that can be easily audited.  NHSA is not telling the truth about what is possible so they can extract $10/member from the clubs.  Shameful.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY on Blocks of Numbers for Clubs!

Read my post below yours.

How can these 110 Clubs continue let this happen?

Something does not smell right along the shores of Lake Winnisquam?

Does anyone know how many Clubs belong to NHSA? It was stated to be 110 at the Meeting. 

NH Snowmobile Clubs 110?

There is list by county showing how many Clubs are in each Club. I counted them and came up with 105? I had a count of 102 last year and I know several Clubs that have Disbanded.

Got to go watch NCIS LA!

George ,, I’m sure you have your club membership under “control” and I’m also betting you have been doing membership for many years!  You have continually strived to build it in a fashion that worked well for how you wanted/ needed it to work for you !! 

Let me share what happened in my own club that I have been “Vp” of for more than 12 years ,,,

we had a president that did membership ,, then I believe a secretary for a bit , then a membership person who did an amazing job for the last several years, and this spring she informed the club she needed to take a break ,,  so OFF IT GOES AGAIN ,,,

Club volunteers DO CHANGE ,, info and procedure get lost in the “shuffle” 

The NHSA office has been called on more than a “couple” occasions by agents/dealers saying ,,” we have a stack of membership forms with cash from the following club that has not been picked up, what are we supposed to do with them”? 

The changes are NOT necessarily about YOUR CLUB or MINE ,,,  the changes are about improving a system that had “periodic holes” created by the routine movement of VOLUNTEERS!!

Please don’t take these changes as an attack on what you have at your club level,

MANY clubs are not fortunate enough to have the slow attrition of membership volunteers  as the MSC!

the “act” of joining a club will be as simple as picking up your own smart phone OR going to your computer and filling out the application “online”,,, the club(s) still have the opportunity to send a welcome letter, complementary map, etc to each new member ,,, a “job” the membership person can STILL EXCELL for his own club with ! 

The average “lifespan” of a club membership “chairperson” ,, seems to be 3-5 years at BEST in my club. Using this average this COULD MEAN there are up to 20 NEW membership chairs this year statewide,, 

I sincerely hope this may make some sense. 

4 hours ago, ljgomes said:

The NHSA would simply get the ten dollars from the club when it entered as a club transaction fee; so it would not circumvent their system.

7 hours ago, John Mercier said:

The NHSA would simply get the ten dollars from the club when it entered as a club transaction fee; so it would not circumvent their system.

From grocery stores to the lowes and Home Depot’s of the world “self check out is becoming the “norm” for customers that do not have a lot of items, ONCE YOUR INFO is in the portal it simply repopulates when rejoining. For members willing to do their own membership it takes the task off a VOLUNTEER of the club, the voucher is saved as a PDF on your phone OR it’s able to be printed from a printer. MAYBE I’m missing something but the PROCESS doesn’t seem difficult,,,, 

Edited by rivercat

It isn't difficult. When you rejoin... it will be a club transaction... and will result in the $10 fee.

The complaints have never been about the difficulty of the system... 

6 hours ago, John Mercier said:

It isn't difficult. When you rejoin... it will be a club transaction... and will result in the $10 fee.

The complaints have never been about the difficulty of the system... 

John,

With that said I do not think it will be that easy with a change in the software to add another "SECURE" Page to make this type of Transaction. "The CLUB Membership" portal/Database is Secure and requires a Password.

At the bottom of the Login Block you will find this link to is the "NEW" Club Online Portal that Clubs have to join to do "ONLINE MEMBERSHIPS with the actual Clubs.

Click here to create a membership account.

5ae7f527d6fcd_CLUBLOGINSCREEN.png.e891eb8bfd106c79c705d9fc4d94c218.png

I talked to one of our PRIME Membership AGENTS and he just shook his head in disbelief at what NHSA/Fn&G are trying to pull off?

If it is not late any of the Clubs that have not turned in the Delegate List to NHSA for the  ANNUAL MEETING do it NOW if it is not too Late? What ever you maximum NUMBER of DELEGSTS you have get EVERYONE OF THEM TO ATTEND and voice their DISCUST for both NHSA and FIDH & GAME are trying to pull off.

NO MORE AJENT APPLICATION WITH REGISTRATIOM ID NUMBERS AND NO MORE CLUB ONLINE MEMBERSHIP WEBPAGES!

Please go back and read my RESTRAINT OF TRADE AND MONOPOLY statement. If that "MEETING" Saturday did not prove everything I said, I do not know where we go to next.

60% of our MEMBERSHIP came from our 3 Membership Agents and Online Membership Webpage. 633 Members/3rd largest Club in NH.

That equals $23,000 in Revenue we may not be able to duplicate under the new terms Fn&G and NHSA are FORCING US TO WORK UNDER

NHSA, New HAMPSHIER SNOWMOBILE ALLIANCE? ITS ABOUT TIME FOR A CHANGE!

ONE WAY TO FIX THE PORBLEM? GET RIDE OF THE DAMM RUDUCED REGISTRATION FEE! LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD!    

HONHER the wording of the RSA MEMBER OF A CLUB THAT IS A MEMBER OF nhsa!

Fn&G and NHSA have TRASHED the meaning of the RSA.

I will definitely be at our Carroll County Meeting this coming Wednesday Night. Be there it could be FUN! If you are not in Carroll County please got to your County Meeting!!!! 

Invitation: NHSA County meeting @ Wed May 2, 2018 7pm - 8pm

2:22 AM and my wife just said, from the Bedroom, are you still on that DAMM Computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OPEN HERE:

1-Restraint of Trade Quentions.docx

Edited by WINNOCTURN

Well, seeing that... my major concern would be that no one at the NHSA can speak English. 

But you are trying to state that the statute, and not the NHSA, defines what constitutes a ''club that is a member of the NHSA''.

No statute, nor entity of government, can make that definition without violating the Constitution.  Only NHSA can define what it takes for a club to be a member of its Association.

As for creating another web page... that isn't really that difficult. But nothing on the sample that you posted has a requirement to ''join'' the NHSA - and an individual could not ''purchase'' a $12 number because the individual must join an affiliated club.

A new webpage would list all the affiliated clubs (those clubs that meet the NHSA defined guidelines for affiliation at any given time). It would allow the individual, or their agent, to pick the clubs that they want to join. Add up the various club dues, and tack the $12 charge onto the final sum. 

The program can then offer the various formats of acceptable payment, and provide the number for registration discount.

The program could even print out a list of the members and the amount of money to be transferred to each of the affiliated clubs.

Of course, what that does is open up trade... 

Other than what each club assigns for the cost of a membership; each club pays the $30 Annually, meets the affiliation guidelines, and has an equal shot at getting a new member whenever the portal is used.

But after that system gets going... then clubs will be arguing about which gets listed first. They could reprogram to randomize the list each entry... and then another argument would commence. 

FWIW - 

I like the portal, and the ability to join on line. When it was available, I would join the club of my choosing from home in October, and print the voucher. Once the snow flies, on my way north form my first trip, I stop at the new rest area in Hookset. They processes registrations at the Info desk. I bring my voucher, last years registration, and my credit card. I am out of there in 10 minutes with stickers, and on my way. They open at 7:00 AM, so it's easy to stop on my way to the trails. There are no dealers open at that time of day,  so that spot works great for me. Since I live relatively far south, my only other option is to make a special trip to register ahead of time, which is a waste of time if it isn't necessary. 

I'm hoping they can get the portal extended to do on-line registrations. Then I can do everything at home before I leave. I have done that for trips to Maine. Go to their version of the F & G website, fill in the form, provide a CC number, get an email that I can carry when I ride. They send the stickers in the mail, but I don't need to wait for them if I print the receipt.  

Technology is changing the way we do things, and I'm not sure you can stop it. I do think there are ways to maintain your membership numbers, by offering reasons for people to join your club over others, but they will need to be different ways than putting forms at dealers, you would likely be better off looking for ways to capitalize on the new tools. 

As for eliminating the discount - I would guess that you had substantially fewer members before the discount was offered, compared to now.  Is that right? If so, eliminating the discount would likely result in membership numbers reverting to what they were during those times. 

Edited by PolarisCobra