Sign in to follow this  
Nor'easter

NHSA bylaws changes

,Reading the latest Sno-traveler, it seems the bylaws are being restructured due to the Attorney generals findings

It says they are in the final steps, and the NEW bylaws will not be available to the public until they approve them, and then a special meeting will be held in the later part of April.

At which time they will be publicly presented, reviewed, and voted on... all at one meeting ? 

Will there be membership/club input before the vote ??? 

Edited by Nor'easter

I doubt you will get any straight answers from NHSA.  Their entire goal is to preserve their $10/member income stream from the clubs.  The reason they are redoing their bylaws is because they are trying to get around the fact that the AG said that NHSA could not force club members to join their organization.  Now they are trying to charge a $10 "transaction fee" for the clubs to get a voucher number from them.  NHOHVA provides these voucher numbers to the ATV clubs for free.  I don't think this idea will pass the smell test regardless of how they structure their bylaws and rules of business.  Its time for a new organization to rise up and be committed to working FOR the clubs instead of against them or there are not going to be any clubs left to run the trail system.

Edited by ljgomes

Thanks for that reply Larry 

I am unfortunately  at the point where I don't care what happens ..

It is unfortunate that the dedicated, hardworking members are left in the dark ..

This sport needs a new leadership and focus on using the registration money for what is best for the sport period ... and not based on membership dues.

The income from these 2 recreational sports is really important to northern NH. 

The North country and Concord are on two different paths. IMHO

I am a member of both associations .. while the ATV/UTV people are still new to this game, the NHSA has been around for a long time and knows the game

We need to put local concerns at the forefront and move forward as one group of dedicated supporters 

I agree completely.  Having been on the board of NHSA and NHOHVA, I have to say the NHOHVA is much more caring about the needs of the clubs.  After what happened with the Attorney General investigation, I would have thought they would change their ways.  Instead they are trying to get around the AG rulings.  Its amazing to me  but proves the old adage:  "It's all about the money".