Stinson

Riding Lyme to Skiway

Anticipating that we will get some substantial snow today/tomorrow, I'm planning to ride through a section of the Lyme trails on Saturday and wondering if anyone has an update on conditions, see yellow highlighted section on for map route. The route would include venturing off Corridor 5, head west on Primary 153 to the Dartmouth Skiway. From there head north up Smith Mountain trail to Quintown and then connect back to Corridor 5. I have not been over there at all this year so if anyone knows the area and can report on the conditions that would be great. If no good I will just stay on Corridor 5 but was looking for a little side adventure. Thanks

Lyme Trail.JPG

Catreserve would know best about conditions, as of today.

I will probably ride those trails this weekend also.

I was out that way a few weeks ago and it was good.  The smith mountain trail had a washout that has since been fixed.  Not sure how the conditions are over that way at the present...sometimes they do not get the snow on that side of the mountain and the south facing western slopes loose snow as you come up the hill from the skyway.   If they can groom and fill in the water bars that may have opened up it should be a good ride.  Lyme Pinnacle has a facebook page that they do answer...I have not checked it yet.  Short section of road is plowed on 6 mile road coming out of Baker River area for logging (5/153).

Hope this helps

Edited by CATRESERVE

Thanks for the update guys. I will likely play it by ear, and see when I get over there how things look and how much snow they get out of this storm.

I haven't ridden that area since the early 90s. It was a very good area then . Little traffic,good Trails.☺️

I have ridden in that area in the last couple of years. Nice tails, groomed well, lousy signage. Had trouble finding things. Might be better now.

The Lyme loop was fantastic Saturday morning!

EBE4FE1C-A579-4615-9BA5-F890AD9C2093.jpeg

082682C0-5327-403F-AEE6-FD3D5EDCBB54.jpeg

I rode parts of it Friday and it was great too. The snow depth varied greatly.

I rode there both Friday and Saturday and agree, very nice, clubs did a great job.

Not all of it was good...coming from the south end toward the skiway was untouched but just a few sleds... but fun non-the-less for the most part.  Could not get into Lyme center either...gate was closed.  Was hoping for homemade pizza for lunch.  Water starting to be a problem all over!

I rode with Snorander on that Lyme loop on Saturday.   Fantastic conditions.

They just had not groomed from the south side yet toward the town or the skiway on Sunday.

It all melted now!