CATRESERVE

Come on now isn't anyone getting excited about the next storm?

Awful quite around here still...

*No info on the Snodeo

*No pictures or Gopro videos or any videos for that matter of the good times on the sleds

*No local trail tails and riding stories

*AND No new comments about NHSA

Guess I will have to just post a few pictures...

Rode home from Campton to Plymouth last week on the tracks.  Such a nice ride along the river, I don't care for the tracks but they were still okay that day.  Lots of history along the river that many probably do not realize and lots of things to stop and look at if we take the time to do so.  Our state has lots of areas of interest that we tend to just cruise right by.  The snow really does change the landscape by giving it a unique and calming serenity.  Almost ready for a fishing pole!

photo 5.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing Bruce !!! 

Yes I haven’t made it up to ride with you ,, here it is 1217 AM AND I have worked another eve putting together my fall garden mum order for YOUR WIFE,,,, good thing ONE OF YOU works!!! 

Yes we will be planting  for our FALL sales in just 11 weeks!!!   This winter season has been a “local disappointment “,,, but FALL is round the corner and JUST MAYBE next winter will be “better”!!

thanks for sharing !!! 

Edited by rivercat

Nice pics. We don't even have Frost in the ground around here. Mother Nature pulled this crap last year as well. Maybe I'll get out again to run some gas stabilizer through the sled.

2 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Nice pics. We don't even have Frost in the ground around here. Mother Nature pulled this crap last year as well. Maybe I'll get out again to run some gas stabilizer through the sled.

That's it right there. It's Spring in southern NH, so this is going on dirt/mud, then 40's after that. Annoying.

Thanks for the kick in the rear Bruce....we still have some life left....loved your article in Sno-traveler, good job. 

Gotta find some trails with a base and you will be all set..... Anybody riding Friday?  I am.....

5a9e9e062db21_NE_Snow(1).png.35c27e37fae9fc7d27a76593b40c3f78.png

Ride Right, Ride Safe, and Ride On!!!

Edited by Airtime006

Hope this storm extends our season to when I usually ride to with maybe more on the way early next week.  I plan on riding this weekend plus and hope to get out on Friday if things work out. 

Dave as county director it is your fiduciary responsibility  to get out and ride at least once! 

There is base to be found for sure.

Maybe someone will throw together a last minute Progressive Supper and post some pictures.

Edited by CATRESERVE

Hope this storm gives the Burg more than a few inches ... the lower elevations need it bad :blink:

plenty of snow in the northern part of the system for good riding left, put on 150 miles Sunday and Monday morning 

came back across Lake Francis and brought the 1200 up to 100 for a bit, glare ice with a dusting of snow .... felt great B)

Back Lake shootout March 17th ... 600 HP turbo's on the entry list ... 

I just cracked 1000 miles for the season, hope to add a few more this weekend 

P3040010.JPG

P3030002.JPG

At 6:20am the snow has slowed considerably, and the NWS radar shows much of the storm has moved on to Maine.

Here are the reported numbers from NWS.

LOCATION          STORM TOTAL     TIME/DATE   COMMENTS
                     SNOWFALL           OF
                     /INCHES/   MEASUREMENT

MAINE

...Cumberland County...
   Freeport               9.0   617 AM  3/08  Social Media
   2 NW Falmouth          8.6   620 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Cumberland Center      6.2   439 AM  3/08  NWS Employee
   Westbrook              6.0   607 AM  3/08  NWS Employee
   Gray                   4.0  1224 AM  3/08  Broadcast Media
   South Portland         3.5  1225 AM  3/08  Broadcast Media

...Franklin County...
   Carrabassett Valley    5.7   616 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...Kennebec County...
   Winslow                7.0   555 AM  3/08  Social Media

...Knox County...
   Hope                   7.0   622 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   1 SE Appleton          6.2   500 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...Oxford County...
   Otisfield              7.3   539 AM  3/08  NWS Employee

...Sagadahoc County...
   2 NW Popham Beach St  11.5   552 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...York County...
   2 NE Kennebunk         9.6   355 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Hollis                 9.5   534 AM  3/08  NWS Employee

NEW HAMPSHIRE

...Carroll County...
   1 N Madison           13.0   610 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...Cheshire County...
   2 WSW Rindge           9.0   155 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Swanzey                6.5   621 AM  3/08  Amateur Radio

...Coos County...
   1 SE Lancaster         1.0   429 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...Grafton County...
   3 E Orford             9.0   542 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Plymouth               6.8   555 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...Hillsborough County...
   Bedford               14.0   616 AM  3/08  Social Media

...Rockingham County...
   Windham               14.8   517 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Raymond               10.5   451 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter

...Strafford County...
   Rochester             14.0   539 AM  3/08  Public
   2 WNW Eliot           12.5   534 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Dover                 10.2   110 AM  3/08  Social Media

I read that right....Lancaster only get 1”, or is that maybe 1’? They always get the short end of the stick on snow fall

My driveway this morning...

Lots of power outages here, thankfully my lights are on. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by PolarisCobra
Fixed Pics

4 hours ago, PolarisCobra said:

My driveway this morning...

AHVnGi4ZWorcsvB8uHeHMUkMmEQE9kOarHK6wkQEGLItPwZuWoGDbeUIVaXAd0vJnbYoNZhKqjEFA7MP-m0qK-qtPlvHAPHjWQ_0HzySadCvbHJphhP_5AFpYL3xzxXY3kt0H_EaHiMiKIFiYXKFWdfZmxGanDzaQkuvWeAxQ18k8aff4JDwKQ5GWn6N59xmndvtlCMpMiB3Q2sw7LB4V7I9DI3PyngLuiDYkaXyAbPlXEGKCj4rh8QDwNa86Dlzlu60qS1ZiqbtFNVPPCGvm5a7EUZbHM4oHWstbY0nfyebkpSI9uYCdIPhKRgqVzTBE_XBC8je_-e2DOIAfCakkuLqKlc80TaVSH_2OR_rgy9jmRGlgmSRyHtfnKTsXGYfKeJR_AE-Gbz2j-RdmIlx_xOhHmXM8qXqCzY5y7MOoYXXoY6DZI-0qYsoQs5eUJGTFulyVPnRvtOpB76e5PRWiQrMMMPEf5bKS5DwKX4ShEHtm5HyqtMau9TS7uXAU9IFG-L2FPVN8SftxrOjw-nFAy3j7aCJYRSZVbxbkupvD_59nU5CHFqOLpxGEjR2Ca_LiPdNL2JyvFJ4Rl49hs5rpjlJl342yTEArnCcqcs=w444-h591-no

Qx82lXrZ3CG5djBCbxa41PYhpvh4xsePlxsW1doaWMDK5sVoG5xM4_JuyV-gUxsSl4qaBpNJjStsYr79Yn_g4rYbWul_JZOmc0XqN6_HddrNVCn4mbrc2lWGLXzeJx6aqHdKIwE8sHy-Cl1TpIPY9-ohiVM8zZkGz2Sg0Xm9GoWE7cs4kjVESk-xN_zppXZQvBRm4lHUSG9mnclHg-85gGlkprZsEGqu2gXL5RW00x_59DoU5nIp_R74W7F9WfGUKWmAFZU3rq8-yhGSM-LRfK3kugvCIIEbVs2sYJEpGnNT3r8CHZ8wRO5Ugev_j_nrAsDqZX08HgqZvacdCwKJoxAElSYVdj4s9zf_yqV7SJIhmYqqrMi1aJctJfdF51ZrqXtnDUYVaVGH6l6SUkvyGAI4ECThFWoalq1-fErK369neFNjQjioxkkbjcIeqEbA2RpdV0Uy0XXNcHyfCt-ccusIA0-63fjdCX1k039lQo-RD6KZW8yQYHCXv8Urnt4MIZHae1qWHPzTCxgLrQYHdoTPh-gbA4kJPZbOhJfmCy7Xs3gP6Ky_Vz0uTN9Oh87B0T2phHNEXr8qGRczBAbGIvy0JhYD81j17orC94M=w444-h591-no

Lots of power outages here, thankfully my lights are on. 

No  Pictures!

5 hours ago, classicdmax said:

I read that right....Lancaster only get 1”, or is that maybe 1’? They always get the short end of the stick on snow fall

Down by the Mass border there's a lot of 14"-16" reports. This was a southern storm.

snow.PNG

49 minutes ago, CATRESERVE said:

No  Pictures!

You're right. Strange - I could see them when I posted it, but they were gone when I came back. Should see them now...

It's3 weeks late. I hope it at least helps the folks up north. Pain in the ass down here,just adds to the mud.

21 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

It's3 weeks late. I hope it at least helps the folks up north. Pain in the ass down here,just adds to the mud.

Took a sled out today to pack a trail and it was not a lot of fun. Sled wanted to go straight and getting on top of the snow was out of the question. A couple nights of cold temperatures would help, but wouldn't be likely to freeze up the brooks and waterbars. Hate to say it, but barring a major change, snowmobiling is gone for the season around here. This would be year 3 of short seasons. 

9 hours ago, jhwentworth said:

Took a sled out today to pack a trail and it was not a lot of fun. Sled wanted to go straight and getting on top of the snow was out of the question. A couple nights of cold temperatures would help, but wouldn't be likely to freeze up the brooks and waterbars. Hate to say it, but barring a major change, snowmobiling is gone for the season around here. This would be year 3 of short seasons. 

Where are you located?    I just read this from a member of the Winnipesaukee forum that landowners have already closed trails

Any updates on the safety of the Lake ice? Interested to see if the north end snowmobile trails are accessible from three island northward.
Macblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #9

Not sure on ice but most trails are closed for the season. Landowners do not want damage.

4 hours ago, ultrarider said:

Where are you located?    I just read this from a member of the Winnipesaukee forum that landowners have already closed trails

Loudon.

C15 runs through Loudon Village where I live, but it's posted as  closed on the club's web site. I doubt the gates are closed as sleds have been passing through. I was breaking a trail behind my house. You've heard of a "goat-path trail", right? This is a dog-path trail. My dog is getting old and likes to get out and sniff around, but doesn't like to plow through the snow anymore. My job is to make sure she get the first and avoids the second.

I drove out through Andover from the Tilton side to 89 today,alot of the rail trail that you could see from the road was down to dirt already.

Check out the Winnipesaukee forum , curious about safety of ice. The lakes around here are open water and I'm 50 miles from there. Safe if you want to take a swim I'm guessing.

Edited by Bilbo

Would not be doing any ice crossing myself unless its in a tumbler!