ckf

Bear Notch still has lots of snow

I drove through Bartlett today and was amazed at how much snow there was in town. Even the RR tracks were completely covered. Anyone looking for a day trip should consider Bear Notch.

And yet the NH Trails Bureau reports: 

Bear Notch/Bartlett
No reportable riding at this time.

And the White Mountain club reports:

General Information:

February 27: grooming continues to make the best of spring-like conditions. Expect some ice, waterbars opening up, ride with care

Sawyer River is CLOSED FROM GATE TO GATE FOR THE SEASON. Forest Service personnel have deemed it unsafe for snowmobile traffic. Please respect this trail closure!

January 29: Effective immediately, access to Bear Notch road from the Bartlett Parking lot has been re-routed up the road and around the gate. Use CAUTION at the gate area

37 minutes ago, jhwentworth said:

And yet the NH Trails Bureau reports: 

Bear Notch/Bartlett
No reportable riding at this time.

And the White Mountain club reports:

General Information:

February 27: grooming continues to make the best of spring-like conditions. Expect some ice, waterbars opening up, ride with care

Sawyer River is CLOSED FROM GATE TO GATE FOR THE SEASON. Forest Service personnel have deemed it unsafe for snowmobile traffic. Please respect this trail closure!

January 29: Effective immediately, access to Bear Notch road from the Bartlett Parking lot has been re-routed up the road and around the gate. Use CAUTION at the gate area

Northern Extremes snowmobile rentals had a full parking lot when I drove by. I can understand waterbars starting to open up with all of the recent warm weather.

Rode there Sunday with the wife exc lent conditions and over 3'of snow  that was before the last storm.